Archived Moving from Flow to Hardlines or Electronics in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm processes of moving to another department. I already spoke to HR, and ETLs and all, but I would like to know before hand what is expected to do in Electronics or Hardlines.

First of all how does it work? like how many days off do you guys get? Here in flow I get 2. What do you do in closing time and how long do you work after the store closes? I've been told I'll be rotated and how does it work like do they make you work some days morning and others evening or something like that?

Can I ask why you would take a pay decrease to go to a different workcenter that you know nothing about, will probably get you less hours, and will have you working random shifts any time of day?

They more areas you can work, the more hours you get.

Derp!

Can I ask why you would take a pay decrease to go to a different workcenter that you know nothing about, will probably get you less hours, and will have you working random shifts any time of day?
Electronics at my store is same pay as flow/backroom, pg7. Hardlines (sf) is pg3 however. That would be a pay decrease.

Actually in my store US the ones from flow have less hours than the people that works during the day and evening sides. the pay is only .50 cents but only from 4AM to 6AM.

I work electronics and my schedule is pretty consistent. I'm in school so I work most of the closing shifts and I'm off about 2 days a week like you said. There's really not much to it just make sure what needs to be spider wrapped is spider wrapped, all blu-Rays must be in a case no matter what, I also deal with the book section so be prepared cause that's probably included, also push service plans like your life depends on it, and always research the new releases that will be featured for tune in Tuesday because TM's like a good tune in Tuesday. Oh and anything that you have to use the key on (video games, gaming consoles, etc.) or that's spider wrapped and hella expensive must be checked out at the boat. That's all I can really tell you it's just mostly trying to push product and getting items for guests. Oh and of course mention Cartwheel and ask if they want a REDcard.

Last edited:
So assuming your store isn't some horrifying 15 million dollar per year ultra low volume, Flow is pretty much the only non-leader position that is predictable in scheduling. You get scheduled on truck days, and if they want you to do more you'll be scheduled non-truck days for autofills. Your store culture will vary on how tightly they control hours in electronics, and typically if you are a reliable tm there the leadership will generally schedule you on high priority days like weekends and whatever days have peak hours so there can be some reliability of scheduling there. Pfresh is a tad bit more predictable but generally a closed off department. By that I mean my experience has shown that you end up in grocery because you want to be there and you aren't leaving grocery unless, again, you're just in a store that does so little business.

Closing, mids, and openings are dependent on your stores hours. If your store is tight for hours, you will most likely be doing more mids and closing. YMMV. Some people manage to get 30+ hours, others maybe 12. This is highly variable and hard to predict. My store has TMs in electronics and salesfloor easily getting 35 hours but others will maybe get 8 if the scheduler even bothers to remember them.

tldr; talk to your leaders, don't assume stable schedule.

Also remember what you have to spider-wrap! Don't get bored when covering breaks and spider wrap random objects

yYgaWOj.jpg

ywOGUoN.jpg

So assuming your store isn't some horrifying 15 million dollar per year ultra low volume, Flow is pretty much the only non-leader position that is predictable in scheduling. You get scheduled on truck days, and if they want you to do more you'll be scheduled non-truck days for autofills.

Or a high-volume store that has a truck every night.

@oath2order same. I once spider wrapped a jar of pickles and my STL was walking by and she's like "What the hell are you doing?"

Were they expensive artisanal pickles like in that one commercial? :D
No just regular run of the mill dill pickles I intended on buying later. It's amazing the things you spider wrap when you're bored.

I threatened to spider-wrap the cajones of our mobile guy; he kept acting like an electronics TMs & was giving out wrong info on return policies (back when we enforced that sort of thing).

I threatened to spider-wrap the cajones of our mobile guy; he kept acting like an electronics TMs & was giving out wrong info on return policies (back when we enforced that sort of thing).
Oh Target mobile. Sometimes you get lucky...sometimes not. Ours are all really nice people but the one who just left a few weeks ago was like the most awkward frigid dude I ever met. You could tell he did NOT like his job.

Oh Target mobile. Sometimes you get lucky...sometimes not. Ours are all really nice people but the one who just left a few weeks ago was like the most awkward frigid dude I ever met. You could tell he did NOT like his job.
Our Target Mobile crew are pretty nice; one of them stepped in and helped when I was saying some pretty wrong things about ESPs to a guest, then explained a little how to tell prices/what plan to ring up after the guest left.

Our Target Mobile crew are pretty nice; one of them stepped in and helped when I was saying some pretty wrong things about ESPs to a guest, then explained a little how to tell prices/what plan to ring up after the guest left.
Our Target Mobile crew we have now are really good. They ring up customers if I can't get back to the boat on time and are really knowledgeable about the electronics area so they're a big help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back