Archived Moving on Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current In-Stocks TL is transferring out of state, and the ETL-HL/ETL-HR both told me I am their first choice in a replacement. I was told to come up with two strengths and one 'opportunity' which I am using my strengths to help improve.

This kind of vague ambiguity is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any ideas about what these so-called strengths/opportunities are supposed to be?

I'm a great critical thinker, and communicating myself clearly and effectively is my specialty. How would I use my two strengths to overcome whatever my opportunity is... when I don't even know what kind of 'opportunity' they are looking for.

Last edited:
The current In-Stocks TL is transferring out of state, and the ETL-HL/ETL-HR both told me I am their first choice in a replacement. I was told to come up with two strengths and one 'opportunity' which I am using my strengths to help improve.

This kind of vague ambiguity is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any ideas about what these so-called strengths/opportunities are supposed to be?

I'm a great critical thinker, and communicating myself clearly and effectively is my specialty. How would I use my two strengths to overcome whatever my opportunity is... when I don't even know what kind of 'opportunity' they are looking for.

They are asking you to pick them from the leadership expectations... You can search them on workbench or PM me and I can rattle them off for you...

Be honest with yourself when you are choosing your opportunity or you will never improve. My opp used to be talent management, now it is not what I would call a strength, but it's also not an opp. If you plan on moving up I suggest memorizing every leadership expectation. When you run into an issue or solve a problem think about how it relates to the leadership expectations and write it down. This will help you to choose your strengths and opps later down the line. The leadership expectations are very important to Target.

Based on your original post, your strengths would.be Strategizes and Communicates Effectively. You really need to know what your opportunities are, or at least what you need to work on in general. You can always fit it in to a leadership expectation later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back