Archived Moving On

Status
Not open for further replies.

LearningTree

Guest Experience
Finally handed in my resignation. I have a few weeks left and then I'm gone. I've been going back and forth on this decision for close to a year now. My work ethic kept pushing to finish out my rotation (fyi ETLs are expected to work 18 months in a position before transferring or resigning). I have been stretching myself too thin for far too long with no help from the STL and Senior Merch to fix that. I've taken on responsibilities that are in no way my own but have been ignored by the store. In the same conversation my STL would thank me for working on it and slam me for not improving them faster.

TTOTL: For the past 4 months I only stayed because I knew they would put the responsibility to run the department on you until a replacement was found. They did it before and they'll do it again, especially since I'm leaving right before the holidays. I figured I could tough it out through summer, BTS, and the holidays to put you, the department, and the store in a better position to handle my resignation. We had a difficult schedule to work with recently (nothing new) and I thought you were handling it beautifully. I was the only ETL in the building and you were the only TL. I had no idea you needed my help and for that apologize. I just wish you would've talked to me instead of going to the STL and throwing me under the bus. You weren't going to get in trouble for the difficulties we faced. In fact I was in the process of switching the schedule around to give you a long weekend as well as working with HR to see what we could do to recognize your hard work properly. Imagine my surprise and disbelief to find you'd gone around and collected half-assed pieces of "evidence" to show I didn't care and I did nothing. I gave actual hard proof that every single one of your claims were either untrue or misconstrued. I have never felt so insulted to have my work ethics questioned. Since you've made it very clear you no longer want me around, I will do myself a favor and leave. I'll have my holidays back and I won't be dealing with retail during Q4. Have fun and good luck. You'll be expected to handle ETL responsibilities on TL hours, work limitations, and pay.

Thanks guys. It's a very tricky situation and lot is going on. Even though I've come to hate the place, my work ethic is the single most important thing to me. To leave on such a bad note leaves a bad taste in my mouth but it's necessary. I'm planning on having a sit down with my HRBP and my DTL to really open their eyes about this STL. He can't keep an ETL for longer than a year due to the bad culture he's fostered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back