Archived Music...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive worked for Target for 5 years. I've always been Truck Flow whatever the latest term they've changed us to. Music has always been allowed even ETL will come and talk to any of us playing music and never say anything.. He's a go with the flow type of person as long and you are working he doesn't really care. Now our lead has went to the ETL to say its against brand and is now saying the ETL said we cant have music when the store is closed.

Is there a problem with TMs not hearing their walkie when called? If not, I see no reason for that other than it might be a hard/fast Target rule and your ETL is being an asshat following it to the letter of the law.

Welcome, Felicia!

Last edited:
Let me illiterate a little more on the situation. It's our flow/backroom lead whatever she is called now who has the problem with the music. The ETL STL or any other leads do not care. Matter of fact our STL played music across the PA system one morning before we opened. I'm not sure if it's because we love all our leaders except her..she comes into and she just brings this miserable cloud with her... you come into in a good mood she is sure to ruin with an hour... the walkies and music aren't an issue. She tried to write up a team member Saturday but the ETL wasn't having it because she was being ridiculous. Stupid her had the conversation around our and told us she was trying write us all up for music

Some of do headphones.. a couple listen aloud but not so you cant have conversations if need be. You cant hear unless you actually on the isle with someone playing aloud

I’m one floor scratch away from banning headphones. Scratches now result in straight CCAs. Gondola strikes are reviewed on camera and are CCAs as well, unless hitting the gondola or fixture was unavoidable. Atleast 85% of PMT corrective maintenance is TM related damage or abuse. Target flat out loses a lot of money because they’re ok with hiring and retaining TMs who just don’t care.

We're allowed to have our phones on us to play our own music before the store opens. Headphones/earbuds aren't allowed, but those of us who play our music keep the volume just loud enough so we can hear it and nobody else gets bothered by it. Plus myself and the others who do all kind of work off by ourselves in the morning.

They tried playing music over the speakers for the flow team once after they temporarily banned phones on the floor cause they caught a couple people texting. TMs would take turns plugging their phones in and picking one of their own Pandora playlists or whatever. But they put a stop to it because nobody liked anyone else's music and too many people complained to the leads about the volume of it. (The speaker over the center of the store was unusually loud so everyone in softlines at the time got it blaring at them.)

We're allowed to have our phones on us to play our own music before the store opens. Headphones/earbuds aren't allowed, but those of us who play our music keep the volume just loud enough so we can hear it and nobody else gets bothered by it. Plus myself and the others who do all kind of work off by ourselves in the morning.

They tried playing music over the speakers for the flow team once after they temporarily banned phones on the floor cause they caught a couple people texting. TMs would take turns plugging their phones in and picking one of their own Pandora playlists or whatever. But they put a stop to it because nobody liked anyone else's music and too many people complained to the leads about the volume of it. (The speaker over the center of the store was unusually loud so everyone in softlines at the time got it blaring at them.)

I covered a store where they complained the doorbell system didn’t work. HQ was involved and was ready to drop money for a full system replacement. First 10 minutes in the store I just turned the music down so they could hear the doorbell. Duh lol.

My store did the music rotation thing until a religious TM hotlined the store for playing profane music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back