Archived Must Submit Sick Time within 72 Hours of Returning to Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I did. It scares me. I don't fully understand it and I feel like there is a catch to it. Is someone trying to steal sick time? Is that what it's trying to say? What is it with the 72 hour notice.

The notice paper basically tells you that if you miss work for health-related reasons (qualifying reasons vary based on your city/state), then you need to officially request to use sick time (using a Time Off Request form paper) within 3 days of returning to work. The 3-day period begins on the day that you come back. If you miss this 3 day period, then you can get written up for the absence.

This is probably an effort to get Team Members to be more timely in submitting documentation. It is unlikely that they are going to write you up if you were legit sick. However, I would definitely use sick hours to be on the safe side.

Do they ever ask to show proof why you had 'sick time'?

Do they ever ask to show proof why you had 'sick time'?

Do you mean if they ask for proof that you were sick (e.g. doctor's note)? If yes, then ASANTS. Laws on whether employers can require proof from employees for sick leave may vary state by state. For this particular matter, you should consult your store HR Team who would have more knowledge on local laws.

If I don't feel well enough to work my whole shift, I'm calling off. There is no way for them to deny that to be necessary to go to get a docs note!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back