My 2 week review as a Cart Attendant.

Florida Dawg

Former Cart Attendant Pro and Target Employee
What’s up y’all, I been with Target for 2 weeks now and I like it and don’t like working there at the same time. I’ve shouldve read the cart attendant reviews before I applied but here’s my story: I been job searching for months before the virus looking for better pay and work atmosphere and Target was one of my top prospects. I got the job basically seasonal even though I applied for full time due to the virus and it seems for the most part that workers are positive and all but there’s some things I don’t like as a Cart Attendant and persoanlly I’m someone as a employee who doesn’t like it when others act extra. I love working more by myself and I think it’s great that I don’t have to deal with crazy customers most of the time but the amount of extra responsibilities is ridiculous for one. A few like bathroom checks, trash and spill station checks is understandable but all the other stuff like especially when closing having to help other sections that aren’t your part is ridiculous as hell. The one thing that bothers me the most is when the department boss or team leader at the time asks you to do something when it’s either the worst time because you’re already doing something or if you’re already on it like that’s hella annoying. I don’t want to stick with this position and wanna find something that will be much better but I have a feeling it might not happen because I’ve asked HR if I could start working on doing backroom shifts where I get up early in the morning or have non closing shifts and hasn’t worked so well which is understandable since I’ve been there for not even a month. It’s just kinda wack in my opinion and not as cool as I thought it would be.

You could definitely transfer to another workcentre and see how you like it. Inbound shifts are going away slowly. My sister only lasted for two weeks with Target as an Inbound Team Member before she quit.

You could definitely transfer to another workcentre and see how you like it. Inbound shifts are going away slowly. My sister only lasted for two weeks with Target as an Inbound Team Member before she quit.
I’m not a job hopper like most people in my generation. I’m young and trying to find a legit career where bs politics doesn’t overrule good workers and etc. Today was the 2nd day out of my two weeks where I was mentally bothered by what my department boss and another employee said while I was doing my job as a CA. I got pulled into the office the other day because they seen how hard I work but they don’t want me to think they overworking me and etc. If I’m gonna be real happy, the least HR can do is keep me from doing closing shifts and I explained why before and she never did anything yet.

I wouldn't say I'm a "Job hopper," but I have held five positions since I started working, and I am 22. I wanted Target to be my all-time career. I started when I was out of high school and talked with multiple ETLs (I had three ETLs in my four years there), and I was never happy because I ultimately never got development, but I left on good terms. I now work at another department store, where I was promoted within my ninety days. It's worth trying to communicate what you want, but at the same time if they don't honour it, there may always be better opportunities elsewhere or even just at another Target location in town. Either way, never settle.

I wouldn't say I'm a "Job hopper," but I have held five positions since I started working, and I am 22. I wanted Target to be my all-time career. I started when I was out of high school and talked with multiple ETLs (I had three ETLs in my four years there), and I was never happy because I ultimately never got development, but I left on good terms. I now work at another department store, where I was promoted within my ninety days. It's worth trying to communicate what you want, but at the same time if they don't honour it, there may always be better opportunities elsewhere or even just at another Target location in town. Either way, never settle.
Amen to that never settle for less. I’ll give it more time and I’m seasonal anyways so if things really stay wack and I’m not getting anywhere much then I’ll come start job searching again once my 90 days are near and I don’t wanna do that but I don’t wanna be depressed or dreadding work like I did at my last job which was my first one as well. I’ve always wanted to do sports broadcasting/media in my city but I need to get that figured out. I’m sure my city has a lot more good options that’ll hire someone like me who really wants to work somewhere good and be happy for sure.

Back