• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

My coworker hates me and everyone around me!!!

I have a condescending cashier coworker constantly complaining. Nobody even likes her, not even my ETL-HR. I'm not the first to complain about her, and I'm sure I won't be the last!
She tries to tell everyone what to do!
Tell me about your annoying co-workers

For the most part people like that tend to burn themselves out and eventually get replaced.

Try what I do -- treat everybody evenly and honestly -- respect from you might earned with time - but don't give it out to them without them earning it.

You will not change anyone - but - with time in ( life - not this job ) you should be able to read people a little bit.

"Uh - Oh - hear comes ETL XXXX - I know hes gonna complain about something" --- that's his job --

"Oh - there's TL XXXXXX - she always has a nice thing to say as she asks me to do something" --

"I gotta walk past cashier woman - there's a good chance she will bust my balls about something" ---- Look you already braced yourself --- so anything negative is gonna just roll off your back --

And the biggie - my personal favorite --- "LISTEN TO HOW THEY TALK ABOUT OTHERS" - If your standing with anyone and TL / ETL / STL - whoever - and weather anything is said between the 3 of you or not -- as he / she walks away ---- and they say - "That prick XXXX ????" There's a 99.9 % there talking about you the same way ---

Personally - the people in my store who are at least polite to everyone ---- I bend over backwards for ---- but that's me

You dont have to like everybody in your store --- except your SFT ------