Archived My device scanner never works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I use a pda to take backstock and put it away the scanner on those usually work. Also is there a way to use the my device to get backstock out without using the scanner.

PDAs can be used to backstock. You want to go to the Applications window and tap RF Apps. From there, just type in STO and then you can scan the item then the location where you are putting the item and enter the quantity.

Also, you can use the MyDevice to retrieve stock if you tap the search icon (the little magnifying glass in the upper right) and type in the UPC or DPCI. You tap the item name and it will show you the locations in the backroom. You can then tap the minus sign (-) "take" option and type in how many you are taking out.

Last edited:
At my store at least, actually getting a PDA would be the hard part
At my store it's hard to get either of them. Backroom always jacks the PDA's from up front and people like cashiers (For some reason) grab MyDevices

Target really needs to purchase more MyDevices and walkies. My store is so depleted and it's sad being in the front and not being able to service a guest right away because you can't communicate or look something up. Don't tell me I should have my phone handy. Target should make sure we are well equipped to service our guests. My phone is for my personal use, not for work.

PDAs can be used to backstock. You want to go to the Applications window and tap RF Apps. From there, just type in STO and then you can scan the item then the location where you are putting the item and enter the quantity.
I've become so accustomed with the mydevice I forgot how to do this with the PDA, thanks!

Can I use a pda to take backstock and put it away the scanner on those usually work. Also is there a way to use the my device to get backstock out without using the scanner.
On a my device, can do the take function. On PDA, use the subt function.
Mydevice needs a scanner option for upc or barcode to scan to the backroom location label.
Play it safe & use a PDA to backstock. The score is important back there.

Reactions: Him
Target really needs to purchase more MyDevices and walkies. My store is so depleted and it's sad being in the front and not being able to service a guest right away because you can't communicate or look something up. Don't tell me I should have my phone handy. Target should make sure we are well equipped to service our guests. My phone is for my personal use, not for work.
Sadly the store can't purchase more MyDevices, but they can purchase more walkie. My store literally just bought like 20 more yesterday along with a few charging docks

After looking at the price of how much the walkies were, I asked if I could just buy my own haha

The funny thing is, your store is responsible for purchasing more equipment if they need it. But they probably don't want to face questions from above about why they are spending so much on equipment.

The funny thing is, your store is responsible for purchasing more equipment if they need it. But they probably don't want to face questions from above about why they are spending so much on equipment.
The store doesn't want to spend the money because of the cost. Well, guess what, we need equipment that works to do our j0bs and after a while, some equipment stops working after being used daily. To run effectively, guest services needs to have a PDA, a MyDevice, and a walkie to do our jobs. I'm lucky sometimes to have one of these.

Remember, to charge the scanner, you need to place it in the charging dock and hold down both buttons on the side until you see a red light. Red light is for scanner, green is for the device.

Remember, to charge the scanner, you need to place it in the charging dock and hold down both buttons on the side until you see a red light. Red light is for scanner, green is for the device.

I seriously didn't know this. I didn't realize the scanner was charged separately from the sled/dock and device. Thnx!

If the scanner is not working, how do you get the camera to scan the barcode?
tap the red bar at the top or just the red space anywhere i think. but mine didn't work like that when the scanner wasn't working so idk if that's normal or not.

The green light on top actually means the sled(scanner) is charging. Holding both buttons while it's charging until the red light goes on simply resets the sled (Useful if it disconnects from the iPod). To verify the ipod is charging you just have to look at the screen itself and see if it has the charging symbol.

You don't really need to do this. If the scanner isn't being recognized, then you may need to reset it by holding down both scan buttons while seated in the charger, but you don't need to do that every time you place it on the charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back