I'm Lost! My First Day is Tomorrow. HELP

I think I have all of information that I need to survive. I went to orientation and skimmed through the handbook a few times, so I think I’m good. But I have small questions that are giving me a bit of anxiety.

1.) I bought 2 hoodies online. They looked red in a picture, but they turned out more burgundy. In the handbook, it says that any shade of red is acceptable, but the orientation lady said that we should be able to blend into the red walls (she seems to be outspoken about the subject). Is burgundy okay? Or should I return the hoodies?

2.) On my first day, where should I go? I got my employee number, and I think I understand how to punch in and out, but should I go right to punch in? or should I go to the guest service desk? or should I go to HR? I feel a little uncomfortable walking right in on my first day and not knowing where to go. I think I would feel more comfortable if I went to the guest service desk, so they could refer me to where I need to go. Would that be inappropriate?

3.) On my training schedule sheet, it says that my first day is “online training” with my TL. What is this? Do I need to do something online at home? or do I just go in and do everything at the store? Also, I don’t know what my TL looks like? Is she going to be waiting for me? or am I going to need to search for her (I have her name). This is also why I think I would be more comfortable with going to the service desk and saying “I’m here for training with my TL.”

Ugh, sorry for the bad questions, but I have really bad social anxiety and this is my first job.

1. At my store TMs wear burgundy and every shade of red.
2. You can go to guest services or HR. People do both at my store.
3. You will be watching training videos.

Welcome to Target.

Last edited:
It's never inappropriate to ask for help from your new team, but you are expected to make your way to the time clock. During the day there is often an HR team member working close to the time clock that can assist you. Otherwise guest services is fine. They will ask you the workcenter you are hired for and generally ask for the leader of that workcenter to meet you at the time clock. They will be expecting you! If your start time is later in the day you may be met by the closing lead of the store and then paired with a peer trainer. The "online" portion refers to a series of workcenter specific videos you'll watch in the offices in the back. Arrive at least 10 minutes early so you can clock in on time.

It's never inappropriate to ask for help from your new team, but you are expected to make your way to the time clock. During the day there is often an HR team member working close to the time clock that can assist you. Otherwise guest services is fine. They will ask you the workcenter you are hired for and generally ask for the leader of that workcenter to meet you at the time clock. They will be expecting you! If your start time is later in the day you may be met by the closing lead of the store and then paired with a peer trainer. The "online" portion refers to a series of workcenter specific videos you'll watch in the offices in the back. Arrive at least 10 minutes early so you can clock in on time.
But don’t clock in till at least 5 mins until the start of shift.

In our store, anyone can any shade of red and anything with red in such as stripes, checks, etc. As long as it has a good amount of a shade of red, you’ll be okay.
Do you have the code to get into TSC? If not, go to customer service and they call for HR. If no one is in HR (as is happening more and more at my store), ask another TM if they can call for LOD.
And everyone answered Number 3.
Welcome to the Target Team - good luck!

All went well! I walked in, went straight to the service desk, and they brought me to clock in and to a computer for my online training. I wore a burgundy hoodie and nobody blinked an eye (though, I was told that many fulfillment workers wear black during business hours, so I wasted $100 on red tops). I had a little trouble clocking in and out because I transferred from another store when they hired too many people, and my employee number wasn’t in the system, so I had to wait a while for somebody to give me a clock in sheet. All of the staff were so amazing, though. Fulfillment seems perfect for me.

fulfillment huh? Good luck. If you can make it through the next 2 weeks you're good to go. Wear your walking shoes.

Back