My Interim ETL is a train wreck

My store has an "Interim ETL" at our our store one a day a week.

However I don't know whether he is an Interim ETL because mine just quit or just there temporalily until they place them.

This Interim ETL is upsetting a lot of people including me.

Thoughts?

The temp ETLs we've had usually moved on after a few months. But that was because they were there to help out an area that normally doesn't have an ETL in my store, Style. Once they left we never replaced them.

Since he’s an interim ETL and will hopefully be gone soon, take a deep breath, do the best you can, try to maintain a low profile and stay out of his sights. Maybe he will be gone before he can do any real damage or drive any of you over the edge. Cross your fingers that he won’t be your ETL’s replacement. Good luck!😁

We had an interim ETL right at the beginning of modernization to cover the normal ETL's maternity leave. Guy was fresh out of college. It was a reign of absolute stupid over the entire store. The guy honestly believed that a single seasonal DBO should be able to not only set all of BTS, but also be able to push it all because modernization says a DBO should handle everything in their area. To top it off he was arrogant as hell. I'm pretty sure he bleeds Target Kool-Aid. Everything was so fucked up.

Fortunately, our regular ETL came back. We actually threw a breakroom party for the event. Corporate sent the idiot off to another store, which I feel extreme empathy for. To this day, it's not uncommon to hear TMs and TLs who were around for that shitshow to say, "It could be worse. (Interim ETL's name) could still be here."

Apparently said ETL was supposed to "help out" our store for few more weeks but the SD didn't allow it anymore.

Hilarious.

In the meantime one of our other ETL is quitting because they wanted increase his workload significantly.

This ETL is so fed up that he doesn't have another job lined up yet and when just chill for a while.

Last edited:
Back