Archived My name is not on the schedule at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really comfused. I’ve been with Target for seven years but a few months ago I got a different full time job and adjusted my availability so I have been working less hours. Last month I was working thirty hours a week, but this week and next week I only work eight hours which I’m fine with I asked for a break. But the week after next week I’m not on the schedule at all. Like my name is missing from the whole thing, like I don’t even work there. Any reason why this would be? My ETL was talking to me about using me for inventory prep and all that so I don’t think I was planning on getting axed but I’ve never heard of this happening before. No one today knew what I was talking about so I’ll have to find out tomorrow but it’s got me pretty worried.

I would guess that you simply aren't scheduled any hours for that upcoming week's schedule and whoever printed the paper schedule clicked the box to only display team members who have hours scheduled. It's happened a few times in our store when names haven't shown up at all even when they have requested vacating or time off for the week.

If you look towards the end of your paper schedule binder there should be another grid that says like "TMs with 0 hours for the week" or something like that, at least my store prints a report on that and puts it at the very end of the schedule binder.

I would guess that you simply aren't scheduled any hours for that upcoming week's schedule and whoever printed the paper schedule clicked the box to only display team members who have hours scheduled. It's happened a few times in our store when names haven't shown up at all even when they have requested vacating or time off for the week.
This.
If you don't have any shifts for a given week, your name won't appear.

Thank you guys that makes total sense. I’ll have to see if we have the grid of members with zero hours. That put my mind at ease.

If they were talking about using you for inventory prep I'd guess they deleted your regular shifts with the intent to add at least one for prep, but then forgot.

It was probably a mistake. We have some tms who only work 4 hours a week but I always remind my ETLs you have to give everyone at least one four hour shift a week.
Is this a Target rule? Whateve you request time off. I have another full time job so my availability is limited to nights/weekends and there are times when I have to request days off for other reasons. If I don't work a 4 hour shift in a week does the system assume I'm terminated? or no if my vacation is approved in the system.

Is this a Target rule? Whateve you request time off. I have another full time job so my availability is limited to nights/weekends and there are times when I have to request days off for other reasons. If I don't work a 4 hour shift in a week does the system assume I'm terminated? or no if my vacation is approved in the system.

That's a completely different situation. You are voluntarily not available to work.

This applies to not scheduling someone because they are a bad worker or some other subjective reason.

Probably should have been more detailed with how much of a break you needed from hours. Next time you should set available hours in a request on EHR and then talk to HR soon after to make sure all is kosher. Good luck. Sounds like you got a bad deal in this situation, honestly.

They have to schedule you at least once a week. Let them know to add you on the schedule.

There was one week I wasn't on the schedule. Gave me a heart attack. When I asked about it, trying to tease out if I had been fired or not, I was told to check the swap shift board and grab any of those. The next week I had a lot of hours again.

There was one week I wasn't on the schedule. Gave me a heart attack. When I asked about it, trying to tease out if I had been fired or not, I was told to check the swap shift board and grab any of those. The next week I had a lot of hours again.

Your store broke the rules. They aren't supposed to do that. If we forget to schedule someone I add them without consulting anyone but let their etl know they forgot them and that s-- doesn't fly.

Targets application tells you when you are hired you will get anywhere from 4 to 40 hours per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back