MyTime My store is using the new “myTime for Target” app. I had an issue on there where I had a shift scheduled outside of my availability. I then pick up …

a different shift that was within my availability on that same day. I’m guessing there was a glitch or something but it ended up merging both of the shift into a 9 hr shift. Now the shift that I gave up looks like 9 hours to everyone else instead of the original 5 hours. I told my ETL about the issue and they said that I’m still responsible for the first shift even if it’s outside my availability and glitching on the app. My ETL tried fixing the 9 hour error but had no success with changing anything. What should I do? Do I have to go to both shift or only the one within my availability?

I’m guessing your original shift and the picked up shift had overlap? That’s the only thing I can think of that would cause the shifts to merge. If the shift isn’t tomorrow, talk to your HR or SD about it.

If it is tomorrow, my advice would be to show up for the entire shift. Yes it’ll be long, and yes it’ll be outside your availability. If you’re legitimately not available for the shift, call the instant you can tomorrow and try and let them know the situation and what’s up.

ASANTS, but I don’t hold a TM accountable for shifts outside their availability. That’s a mess up on the leadership end and it should be leadership’s responsibility to address it when brought to our attention. That boils down to your HR and SD though, and whether or not you have past attendance coachings/correctives.

Back