Archived my store morale is going down the toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.
My whole district's morale is down. Most stores in the district are not given a forecast that they could even come close to even with their mature rate way up YTD (10% or more) . And the hours we are given, lower than the store I first started back before the recession. The whole concept of things has changed completely ---It’s really not about getting everything thing done its about prioritizing what needs to get done first and then take care of the rest later or hoping it doesn’t need to get done. No time is given for follow up and I can tell my STL is feeling it too. We are slated to move up two org charts the way sells are going and around our area additional houses and condos are getting built which are going to be finish getting built the beginning of 4th quarter. All I can say is I hope and pray this 4th quarter corporate helps us with hours.

Our morale has been down for awhile but went way down when they announced that the temporary BTS later closing times were now permanent.

I can see it made permanent through 4th quarter as it would be silly to change back the hours to change them again. But for after that? Ugh. I hope they gave you the payroll to cover that!

My first store had the worst team morale I have seen in a workplace. People were out to get ETLs fired since the day I stepped foot in there, and longer. We lost a lot of great team members to internal promotions, illness, and career advancement and the place went to ****. When I got to my new store however, I noticed that the morale is infinitely better. The only way I survived was ignoring the negative nancys and sacrificing trying to improve certain parts of process to make my team do better. I'm hoping that when I go back to my home store in the summer I can steal some of the things I've seen/learned from my new store to help improve things if they haven't already.

Our store went from a nice fun place to work to a place all tm hate to come to. Seems like no matter what you do is not good enough for them.We had 6 etls transfered to other stores and replaced with kids just out of college. Our whole etl staff is under 25 and they know nothing about retail but what they learned in books and dont even have a clue about life. They really love to coach every one about petty things.When a real problem comes up they are lost.

I can see it made permanent through 4th quarter as it would be silly to change back the hours to change them again. But for after that? Ugh. I hope they gave you the payroll to cover that!

No, they just have shifts starting later - like 6 or 7 at night. Nobody's happy. I have one tm I work with that moved here from Chicago and he said he was so happy that we closed at 10 and then they did this.

That and the dairy cooler are really good places to go and scream. And you can't really hear the walkies in there:spiteful:.

haha ya....try telling that to the ETLS or anyone else that trys to get a hold of you while you are in one of those rooms.... they wonder why I cant hear them...well I wonder why....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back