Archived My store no longer allowing us to stay up late on days before we open

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've instituted a strict 12:30am bed check and will call to make certain it's followed. Also, on days we closed, we're not allowed to go on roller coasters beforehand.

I read this 10 times to make sure I read it correctly. I think something is wrong with my eyes cuz... wth lol

Here is my thoughts on this: #1. NO ONE would be able to do bedchecks for all their employees unless they were living in the same apartment complex, or a campus type setting. One could call, but that doesn't mean they are in bed. #2. How are they to know if one has been on a roller coaster prior to your shift?

Now as to the OP, I think this was posted as a joke to see what type of responses, he or she might receive. Might be best if we ignore it and move on. I did view other posts by this person. Perhaps their account has been hacked. Perhaps not a post made by him/her.

Just my thoughts, I've been wrong before. I could be now as well.

I think you're right that it's a joke 'cause this would be wrong on SO many levels...

And no booze right before bed?
Wouldn't want folks coming in with a hangover.

The OP probably got coached for coming into work hungover. Their TL or ETL probably told them they need to go to bed earlier. Just my guess.

Ha! I get only 2-3 hours of sleep before work and I'm work 4am Logistics Backroom.

Really, really bad habit of mine. I usually get my 8-9 hours of sleep on my days off. My set schedule is work 5 days straight, then 2 days off. Been like that ever since I started Target (and thank god they never touch/change my availability)

Ha! I get only 2-3 hours of sleep before work and I'm work 4am Logistics Backroom.

Really, really bad habit of mine. I usually get my 8-9 hours of sleep on my days off. My set schedule is work 5 days straight, then 2 days off. Been like that ever since I started Target (and thank god they never touch/change my availability)

Thats just like me. Monday - Friday I work 6am to 2:30pm. (it will never change due to me being on the home remodel crew. I may get a day off or something it nothing is planned or something comes up like a few weeks ago when both bosses had to be at the grand opening of another store in the region) I get up about 4:30 and leave for mcdonalds at 5am to get my ice coffee (cheeper and tastes just as good) and maybe get something to eat and I just take it to my work and eat it in the breakroom.

Always fall sleep once I get home so my life is cut off but meh. I have no one but family so its all cool.

I delivered newspapers one summer from 3am-6/8am. I would come home and sleep to about 3-4pm.

When I worked at Target and a TV station, I would wake at 3am. Work the TV station from 4am-1pm, work Target 3pm-8/10pm. Go home and crash, and do the same thing tomorrow.

I delivered newspapers one summer from 3am-6/8am. I would come home and sleep to about 3-4pm.

When I worked at Target and a TV station, I would wake at 3am. Work the TV station from 4am-1pm, work Target 3pm-8/10pm. Go home and crash, and do the same thing tomorrow.

That makes me exhausted just reading it.

I only lasted a year on that schedule. I later found out leaving when I did was a blessing.

That town was hit by tornadoes one year, then floods the next, and then all the Production jobs at the station were dropped when everything went HD robotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back