Archived My time to enjoy my hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
Because in June, we switch to My Time.

Been in Logistics Backroom since 4th quarter 2006, getting around 36-40hrs per week.

Now we're switching to MyTime next month and from what I read in this site, it ****s up your schedule.

I have a set schedule, working 5 days straight, off 2 days straight ever since '06. Never had a problem because I bust my ass every single day and they know it.

Now, since the computer makes up the schedule, let's see how it's going to affect me since it doesn't base on performance but on availability

24hrs? 15hrs? 10 hrs per week? MyTime will tell me next month.

Schedules were never supposed to be based on performance.

It looks like myTime is pretty specific to the leadership team as to how well it rolls out. It has gone pretty good at my store. The only people who complained about the hours were those who were being favored for the better shifts (it sounds like you may be in that category). For the rest of us, it has evened the playing field out, which has been nice.

Our GSTL is playing favs still.... Everyone got 9-10 hours on the last schedule, except the newbie that gets red cards. She got 18.

The old timers are pissed and close to rioting.....

Good luck to the op! Maybe you can only be available 5 days a week?

Honestly the myTime rollout hasn't been awful at my store. Most everyone is still getting about the same number of hours they used to. Of course all the STLs in my district are creating paper dashboards, letting the schedule generate and then telling us the hours aren't right and to make them match the paper dashboard. That's supposed to slowly stop, so at that time flow, backroom, and pricing might see their hours drop a bit.

My hr dude already does our schedules based on availability. He doesn't know how well we perform, though, so he has nothing else to go on. At one point, ETL soft lines was doing it, but that changed some months back. I think doing it based on availability is best, tbh. If someone sucks, fire them, or move them to a dept where they don't suck. Only part of it I don't like is that he just puts any sl person in the fitting room and people who never did fr before he started doing the schedule need to be re-trained in there. Since MyTime doesn't know p who knows how to do it either, I assume it'll be the same thing when we make the switch.

Wait. I lied. Our TLs and ETL used to take turns doing it. From what I overheard a couple days ago, our TL does help, but hr etl gets the last word.

Our GSTL is playing favs still.... Everyone got 9-10 hours on the last schedule, except the newbie that gets red cards. She got 18.

18 RECORDS in one day? That's impressive

I understand both sides of the argument, scheduling according to availability versus performance. However, if pushing myself & working really hard all the time no longer will help me to get better hours there goes my last incentive to do so.

Enjoy it while you can. Last year I would usually get scheduled 37 or 37.5 a week in backroom. This year I have been getting scheduled 34 to 35 hours. I think it's a combination of Target being cheap asses and Obamacare but oh well. America is a business first, country second.

18 RECORDS in one day? That's impressive
No.. Hours in the week!!

No clue how many red cards she gets, and to be honest she badgers the crap out of guests. I don't roll that way and won't mimic her technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back