Archived My tl..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a PA and my tl is a ctl (about 2 months old).

There are 4 of us that are PA's and 1 CTL. The CTL will schedule himself on truck days 1-2x per week and he will literally push out like maybe a cart of meat. While were stuck taking care of 3 pallets of produce, bakery, breaking down the meat pallet, and b-coding all of that.

This then runs off onto the closing PA who is left with cleaning up the truck and working all the pulls from the day.

The CTL is always telling PA 1 that he did this, but then say I talk to PA 1 who tells me well the CTL said he did this yesterday. I'm like :wacko: I did that? Basically he takes credit for the work that i'm doing.

I'm pretty sure he's taken credit for alot of the work I've done and the ideas that I've put forth as I've only been a PA for 3 months..

To top it all off he got extremely upset at our opening ETL who pulled our opening PA into signing on Sunday, so then the schedule got completely re-written the past few weeks so that this doesnt occur on Sundays. However, when he's the opening TL on Sunday he keeps me in signing until almost 7:30 when I'm scheduled to go to pfresh at 6am. While he basically walked around the whole time and talked to ppl. Is it just me or do ALMOST all opening TL's help with signing?

Is there anything I can do?

This guy is driving me up the wall?

I have a 4 year degree and I'm looking to move up within the company and further my education as well.

Should I talk to my ETL-HR?
My ETL?
My STL?

Last edited:
i would talk to the ETL and STL, but it would be better if you get those other PAs to say something to them also

Here is what you need to realize. He is your supervisor, if he tasks you out to do projects A, B and C then it's your responsibility to do A, B and C. If he then tells someone he got A, B and C completed then it's fine. Leadership in general doesn't care who does it as long as it gets done. When I task out a TM to do something I don't care if he does it alone, grabs someone to help or gives it to someone else - as long as it's done and done right. One last thing, stop compairing how much work you did compared to him. So you did a pallet and he did a tub? Good for you, you did your job. You don't know his job and it's not your position to evaluate his performance. Grow up and stop acting like a child.

I think what SR is saying, in his oh so subtle way, is that you can't see everything your TL is doing in a day.
Until you've walked a mile, etc. etc.
Keep in mind that you're kinda lucky, I'm sure there are folks here who could tell you horror stories about TL who do even less grunt work.
Be that as it may, the TL isn't taking credit for your work so much as they are letting the ETL know that the work has been done.
When the PTL does a walk through after a major set and shows all the work done, they don't go into detail as to who took care of what.
You mostly would rather they didn't, cause nine times out of ten it's for something negative.
The ETL knows I did the signing and displays, the PTL doesn't have to go into that.
The ETL knows your TL didn't do every pallet, don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Fair enough, and i dont feel like I'm acting like a child when my tl tells me he is going to help with something and he completly doesnt...then says he did?

I understand where your coming from in saying i dont kno everything hes asked to do, but i do have eyes

I essentially agree with stupid rules on this too--TLs do have many things they have to do and have to answer for that TMs don't witness or don't understand. And gripping about your TL is not going to reflect well on you even if you are 100% right. That may not be entirely fair but that's the way it works at Target. If you want to move up, let your leadership know that, work your behind off and be a team player even when it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back