Archived MyDevice after closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguyattarget

SFS/OPU Master
So, I noticed something weird today/tonight -- it was my first closing shift (third day). I was trying to zone/clean up. I tried to zone market and I tried to use my MyDevice and it suddenly stopped scanning. Now, I don't know if it's because it was just on the fritz or something and it was just a coincidence that the store was also closed. But does the scanning function stop working when the store is also closed? Also, should I log out before I turn it back in? I didn't think of doing that before I started driving back home. Heck, I don't even know how to log off. I only know how to log on when it logs me off. Can another TM even do anything to the device when it's logged on still on my account (to get me in "trouble) or is there a "time out" function to it?

Yes, log off your MyDevice before you turn it in. Tap the icon that looks like a person with a circle around it (top left corner?) and in the top right corner will be the words "Log Out". Tap that.

If you are still logged in, any actions such as STOing/Taking in backroom, updating capacities and OF/OH counts, amongst other things, will be labeled under your TM number.

The MyDevice's sleds have trouble often occasionally, sometimes you can lock /unlock and it works, other times you will need a reboot. If there are more problems than you will want to swap a new one.

MyDevices dont run on a timer, just incredibly sketchy.

What's happening is that the red case is powered by an internal battery and there's enough wiggle room to cause the battery to separate from the contacts. With time (and perhaps the correct shift) the contacts will reconnect. If your store has someone knowledgeable enough to maintenance them, you might want to let them know you're having issues (might be a good idea to tell the LOD so they know to keep an eye on the device anyway).

Also, definitely follow @Targe's advice and sign out of it every night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back