No communication at all after last day

For a company that seems to pride itself for communication during the shift (constant walkie use), I wasn’t told a thing after working overnight inbound for almost 2 months.

The “my time “ website says I have no scheduled shifts left…so obviously I’m gone, but it would have been nice for a supervisor or even a lead to communicate this on my last day. Nope…

For a company that seems to pride itself for communication during the shift (constant walkie use), I wasn’t told a thing after working overnight inbound for almost 2 months.

The “my time “ website says I have no scheduled shifts left…so obviously I’m gone, but it would have been nice for a supervisor or even a lead to communicate this on my last day. Nope…

Don't assume anything.
It could have been a mistake or they've cut hours so bad that some people were dropped completely.
Go in and talk to you ETL.
Do it politely.
If you were laid off find out if they will be hiring again in the future.

Don't assume anything.
It could have been a mistake or they've cut hours so bad that some people were dropped completely.
Go in and talk to you ETL.
Do it politely.
If you were laid off find out if they will be hiring again in the future.
I mean, I may go back in, but I may just check the mytime site one last time.

If you were hired as seasonal during your interview they should have told you that all sea positions are let go on January 4th
Well they didnt tell any of us that, and I mever worked anywhere where they didn’t bring you to HR and say “your job is over and here’s your final paycheck.” But then again the HR person may be doing drive up fulfillment.

the date for seasonal hires is different for every store. if you were hired for seasonal then you should have been informed it was a seasonal position (if your store prints out daily grids of the schedule, there should be an "SE" next to your name). your TL or ETL also should have told you two weeks before your last day that they weren't keeping you. the only reason you would be dropped from the schedule without notice would be if you didn't show up to 3 or more of your shifts without calling in.

I'm using the word "should" here because that is what is supposed to be done, not always the case.

don't just check mytime. call or go into your store to speak to your leader or HR, asking about it. hours are cut majorly this time of year so that could also very well be the case depending on your store. its always best to ask someone than just assume.

yeah, communication should have been better, I totally agree regardless of what the case is, but things can slip through the cracks. doesn't make it right, but I have also seen people turn it against people and they could use it against you too. better to protect yourself and do all the right steps on your end, so you could at least say you tried.

good luck!

I would definitely go in and talk to your leader or HR EtL. With Target you can’t just assume anything. Do you want to continue working for Target? If yes then absolutely go talk to a leader.
I am working for Target…apparently. That’s the point. I have access to the my time site, and my discount works fine, I just am not in the schedule at all. I really just think someone forgot to contact me to tell me I’m laid off. I guess that happens sometimes, but I worked for Target (seasonally) three other times, and it was a lot better organized when it came time to eliminate the seasonal help. It was all face to face and they GAVE you your last check. It just was so ineptly done this time that it boggles the mind.

I am working for Target…apparently. That’s the point. I have access to the my time site, and my discount works fine, I just am not in the schedule at all. I really just think someone forgot to contact me to tell me I’m laid off. I guess that happens sometimes, but I worked for Target (seasonally) three other times, and it was a lot better organized when it came time to eliminate the seasonal help. It was all face to face and they GAVE you your last check. It just was so ineptly done this time that it boggles the mind.
your last check will not be handed to you unless you have been receiving all of your checks in person. target changes over the years and each store runs differently too, even the same store under different management. it might be run poorly or not be fair to you, but you should still reach out to your etl or hr, per suggestions of myself and the others on the thread.

as I and others have stated, your hours simply may have just been cut that much. unfortunately this is something we don't have an answer to here and you would need to talk to your leaders at your store to get it sorted out.

i mean, theoretically you could always do nothing, but in the case they do expect you to still be employed for them then they can term you for job abandonment.

better safe than sorry imo 🤷‍♂️

Lmao. Your well oiled high volume store maybe. Not any I’ve worked in.
Well my SD was was all about every Etl being responsible for their department And you had to bring your notes and schedule every Monday to the BUS with who stays and who goes so hr team can do the terms .

Well my SD was was all about every Etl being responsible for their department And you had to bring your notes and schedule every Monday to the BUS with who stays and who goes so hr team can do the terms .
I did a term only to be told that we were going to keep them. I’ve had team members being told one thing by their ETL and another thing by their TL. It’s embarrassing.

your last check will not be handed to you unless you have been receiving all of your checks in person. target changes over the years and each store runs differently too, even the same store under different management. it might be run poorly or not be fair to you, but you should still reach out to your etl or hr, per suggestions of myself and the others on the thread.

as I and others have stated, your hours simply may have just been cut that much. unfortunately this is something we don't have an answer to here and you would need to talk to your leaders at your store to get it sorted out.

i mean, theoretically you could always do nothing, but in the case they do expect you to still be employed for them then they can term you for job abandonment.

better safe than sorry imo 🤷‍♂️
I was thinking of waiting a few weeks and covering one of the “open shifts” that’s posted on mytime and see what they say when I walk in

Speak to the leader who does your schedule. That’s the person who most likely will know if you are being let go or if you were just left off the schedule due to hours being cut. At my store we were supposed to schedule the seasonals that we planned to keep for at least a four hour shift, but due to cut hours that didn’t always happen. At least if you speak to leadership it shows that you have an interest in staying, and if you are being let go because of lack of hours they may be able to tell you when to apply again for rehire. Incidentally, in my experience Spot prides itself on great communication that is perfect in theory but can be woefully inadequate in practice. Good luck!

Speak to the leader who does your schedule. That’s the person who most likely will know if you are being let go or if you were just left off the schedule due to hours being cut. At my store we were supposed to schedule the seasonals that we planned to keep for at least a four hour shift, but due to cut hours that didn’t always happen. At least if you speak to leadership it shows that you have an interest in staying, and if you are being let go because of lack of hours they may be able to tell you when to apply again for rehire. Incidentally, in my experience Spot prides itself on great communication that is perfect in theory but can be woefully inadequate in practice. Good luck!
Isn’t the Team leads who write the schedule ? That was the rollout last ear when they came out with the leadership classes .

Back