Archived MyDevice won't scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey team-

Anyone know how to fix the MyDevice?
So apparently a lot of mine won't scan and I've called CSC and they said they will send a shipping label to send out well I've called over 4 times and nothing they won't let me escalade it either due to my ETL is on vacation. Any ideas or tips how to fix them so they scan?

Thanks

Have you tried turning it off and back on? Have you made sure it's plugged in?
Sorry couldn't resist lol

I know if the battery is low it will become increasingly difficult to work with, including not wanting to scan.

Have you tried closing the app. Double tap the home button and swipe up on the app screen. Wait a few moments and open the mywork app again. Or try updating the mywork app in SAM

Hey team-

Anyone know how to fix the MyDevice?
So apparently a lot of mine won't scan and I've called CSC and they said they will send a shipping label to send out well I've called over 4 times and nothing they won't let me escalade it either due to my ETL is on vacation. Any ideas or tips how to fix them so they scan?

Thanks
The shipping label is sent to your STL and I think ETL AP. Bug your STL for it. Also whenever mine stop scanning I pop them out and back in, no restart, and it recognizes the sled again allowing it to scan. Used to be it'd take a lot of resets.

Yeah ive tried that too. It's hopeless and everyone is mad at me bc I can't fix it. :(

Yeah ive tried that too. It's hopeless and everyone is mad at me bc I can't fix it. :(
It is possible there was an update you guys didn't get then. Like someone else said hit up SAM and see what needs an update. Otherwise you need to get an ETL other than yours to escalate it.

Our ETL spent hours on the phone having them fixed. They won't connect to wifi and some won't scan. They fixed them all over the phone.

I've been getting this issue more often nowadays. Full battery and all of a sudden it won't scan anymore. Not even a reset or disconnecting/reconnecting it from the sled would work. Funny cause it would work fine until like 4-5 hours in to my shift. I just figured it probably has something to do with the sled.

The next version of MyWork will have some tweaks to try to alleviate this/make troubleshooting easier:
1. Fixed a glitch where the scanner would stop working during normal use
2. Can now see the connection status and battery status of the sled in the options menu (it's actually possible the sled battery is dead but the iPod is charged, so you'll now be able to see that)
3. Battery life of the scanner should be improved
4. Scanner ready and scanner disconnected sounds

Also Honeywell is looking into the issue where the sled doesn't work when the iPod comes out of sleep mode.

So, I'm glad we can see when the issue is going to happen, but when will it get fixed? We have consistent issues with no mydevices being available that are even charged, and if they are charged the scanner battery is not so that stops working, so the issue is not even close to being resolved. It just seems to me the mydevice is a failure, there is no urgency to fix anything, and we need to go back to the old LPDA's as they worked 95% of the time, had a battery you could just replace, where the Mydevice only works 60% of the time andis always dead.....

So, I'm glad we can see when the issue is going to happen, but when will it get fixed? We have consistent issues with no mydevices being available that are even charged, and if they are charged the scanner battery is not so that stops working, so the issue is not even close to being resolved. It just seems to me the mydevice is a failure, there is no urgency to fix anything, and we need to go back to the old LPDA's as they worked 95% of the time, had a battery you could just replace, where the Mydevice only works 60% of the time andis always dead.....
I miss the LPDAs so much...

I'm so over these mydevices, currently 12 out of 25 are out for repair, won't charge, scanner doesn't work, etc, etc. And the ones we still have are dead most of the time. It's beyond crazy that during the busiest time of the year with no equipment. And the turn around time to send a mydevice in and have it returned is currently around 3 weeks? Really? where is the sense of urgency?

Software I can see the good, but they put it on the worst piece of hardware they could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back