myPOG - No Longer Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally interested in this. It would be great to find exact locations in other stores. I have an iPhone X if you wanted to test on that!

Why should they spend money on new or more devices when hey, almost everyone has a smart phone, just use that

Because knowing the shelf locations aren't the only things you can do with a device, and while this will make certain tasks easier for TMs, things like audits or SFS or what have you will still require devices. Plus, as has been noted, Target can't require to use your device and it's in Target's best interests to have TMs using the official devices.

I would use this (and am willing to be a tester!), for sure, but my store has also said they will have the ability to order more devices soon, so hopefully it would be just temporary.

Because knowing the shelf locations aren't the only things you can do with a device, and while this will make certain tasks easier for TMs, things like audits or SFS or what have you will still require devices. Plus, as has been noted, Target can't require to use your device and it's in Target's best interests to have TMs using the official devices.

I would use this (and am willing to be a tester!), for sure, but my store has also said they will have the ability to order more devices soon, so hopefully it would be just temporary.
Shoot me a PM with your email and I can get you testing.

I have the supposed sap numbers for myDevices and myCheckouts, but the price has been $27 instead of 600-800 like they told us. I went ahead and ordered some just in case.

I have the supposed sap numbers for myDevices and myCheckouts, but the price has been $27 instead of 600-800 like they told us. I went ahead and ordered some just in case.

Don't think those are on SAP as they are CAPEX orders that need DTL approval

Don't think those are on SAP as they are CAPEX orders that need DTL approval
I have an email from my GVP with the sap numbers that said you're allowed to order as much as your store can afford. You're allowed to go over allocations now

You could be ordering accessories for the myDevices. My store sometimes order by the given SAP number/name and got an accessory or something similar instead of the intended item. I still feel $27 is too cheap for something that usually cost around $200 to make unless Target did a bulk order of myDevices.

You could be ordering accessories for the myDevices. My store sometimes order by the given SAP number/name and got an accessory or something similar instead of the intended item. I still feel $27 is too cheap for something that usually cost around $200 to make unless Target did a bulk order of myDevices.
It's possible. The name on sap is 'my device fast ship' so I'm wondering if the $27 is the shipping fee and they charge the store a different way for the device

5 regular devices and 1 Checkout.
No. STL told me to order them.
If functional devices show up at your store, let us know. Until then I'll remain skeptical, because as others have said most equipment is a capex expense

He's right but not for the reason you think. I think it has to do with the repurpose of the apple mydevices for registry. Mydevices ARE a capex expense as are the gear that goes with him. However, since most of the apple ones were returned and refurbished, they could be sent out.
Tmap98 if you got a GVP permission to test this, thats awesome.

Build passes internal testing, released to Apple, and will drop to testers when approved. Thanks!
Those currently testing will have an update drop either today tonight or tomorrow with the following changes;
version 1.0.22-beta
  • Fixed items with only two images, only allowing the user to view the first image
  • Re-enabled a hidden development feature that gives you the same store information as the Target App/Site
    • This feature doesn't have many uses, but has come in useful for me and my IRL tester a handful of times
  • A new white icon
  • Hopefully fixed the top control bar on iPhone X
    • Unfortunately I do not really know if this worked or not as the iOS Simulator isn't correctly displaying the 'X' for me.
pic of the aforementioned store information
store-info.png

Last edited:
How fast should the locations change? I scanned an item and it gave a different location than what it was newly tied to more than a few hours after I had tied it. I’ll check it again when I go to work when something gets tied.

How fast should the locations change? I scanned an item and it gave a different location than what it was newly tied to more than a few hours after I had tied it. I’ll check it again when I go to work when something gets tied.
Honestly, I do not have a valid answer for this. Nothing is cached on my end. Every time you search for a new item, it polls from a Target service. I assume these services only update once a day.
This is the same reason you can search for the same items on the Target app and it will have the old location for a bit.

I’m not sure if it’s my store but I can never seem to get an item with an on-hand. I get the NaN which I’m guessing means N/A. It seems like a store issue since I see on-hands in all your guys screenshot. C83E45B0-E655-4161-A9BE-741676E9BD43.png

I’m not sure if it’s my store but I can never seem to get an item with an on-hand. I get the NaN which I’m guessing means N/A. It seems like a store issue since I see on-hands in all your guys screenshot.

Unfortunately the on hand is item based and I have no control over it. I tried that dpci at a few stores and none report ohq. Certain items are not tracked online. Typically food items are not, especially if they're vendors. If you send me a list of dpcis, I can see if there is a logic issue on my end, but it's likely just that the on hand isn't tracked outside the Target network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back