myPOG - No Longer Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the on hand is item based and I have no control over it. I tried that dpci at a few stores and none report ohq. Certain items are not tracked online. Typically food items are not, especially if they're vendors. If you send me a list of dpcis, I can see if there is a logic issue on my end, but it's likely just that the on hand isn't tracked outside the Target network.

041024839 C9 Clothing
062050203 Pillow
071061089 Chips
071100791 Goldfish
049060885 Wax Strips
083060458 Dog Chow
I’ve tried a few other stores in my district but they seem to have the same issue. Thank you for the app and troubleshooting, you definitely go the extra mile.

Edit: It looks like the latest addition of new stores in my district seem to work with on-hands. The 4 or 5 stores that’ve been here for decades with and without remodels give the NaN on-hand. It’s proabably old store issues

Last edited:
041024839 C9 Clothing
062050203 Pillow
071061089 Chips
071100791 Goldfish
049060885 Wax Strips
083060458 Dog Chow
I’ve tried a few other stores in my district but they seem to have the same issue. Thank you for the app and troubleshooting, you definitely go the extra mile.

Edit: It looks like the latest addition of new stores in my district seem to work with on-hands. The 4 or 5 stores that’ve been here for decades with and without remodels give the NaN on-hand. It’s proabably old store issues
Indeed, it must be a store specific thing because all of those return values for my store.

Version 1.1.1-beta due to be released today/tomorrow.

The main change in this version, is a major reduction (hopefully) in app size and (definitely) in lines of code.
From 1000 lines in the main file to 500!
This is due to a new service I implemented that handles all the logic checking off-device on one of my servers. This DRASTICALLY reduces the amount of time it takes to process your searches. (Even though I don't really know if it was bad to begin with.)

There is also a slight change in the display of information. ie: 'on hand: NaN' to 'on hand: n/a'

This new functionality is working very well and passes all my internal testing in my lab.

The next thing on my list to work out (hopefully before this release) is the damn iPhone X cropping.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
How does one join the beta testing list? This will be really useful for me while I work as half the time the mydevices are out, or like 2 of them are on the wrong network...

How does one join the beta testing list? This will be really useful for me while I work as half the time the mydevices are out, or like 2 of them are on the wrong network...

iOS only atm, all i need is a pm with your apple id email

Sorry for the double update, here is the current status:

Update pushed to Apple tonight. Testers should see it tomorrow (6-10-18)
Things in this update:
(Ideally this is the final update before App Store Release)
  • Fixed iPhone X Display
  • Fixed Random crash on first item scan/search
  • Improved application efficiency
  • Off Device Processing

For now, I'm going to bed before my 7am shift tomorrow!

goddammit i just noticed the text box for changing your store is missing, it still works but it's taking the day off. thanks obama

I have identified an issue with certain barcodes that is causing the app to crash. I'm not one hundred percent certain as to why they're causing a crash but I'll be looking into it tonight. Thankfully the fix should be backend and won't require an update past the one today. If the app crashes for you, I apologize.
Due to the change in processing, I must've overlooked a potential issue...

This issue should be fixed. Learned two things,
apparently 205-04-0869 has 2 TCINs, which I've never seen before. [Maybe due to differing colors?]
And, I apparently forgot to check if certain items don't have multiple images.

Fixes deployed the items that caused me crashes today do not anymore.

1.1.2 started testing
*Adds the ability to search via UPC entry
*Fixes a few UI Elements that would hide/show and not revert
*Fixes the missing 'change store' textbox

Last edited:
I got stuck in an "invalid item" loop tonight, but that was on the previous version. Quit the app, restarted, got the usual "invalid item" on first scan and it was fine after that, though. I forgot to update the app before work tonight. Oops.

Hm. though it crashed when I tried to scan the first item to hand, a travel size bottle of hand lotion I got in a beauty box. UPC 077043206034. Seems to do OK with other invalid & valid UPCs.

Hm. though it crashed when I tried to scan the first item to hand, a travel size bottle of hand lotion I got in a beauty box. UPC 077043206034. Seems to do OK with other invalid & valid UPCs.
Likely that item does not have any information about it since it comes inside the box, but I will look into it tomorrow.

Users of the app,

Here's some upcoming changes:
Moving the backend service to a dedicated server.
This should decrease latency and reduce the load on my personal server at home. (and my data cap :()
Search via UPC code. This seems to working one hundred percent. Not sure if it's useful for TM's, but Shipt shoppers might use it.
If any type of error occurs, the app shouldn't crash, it should just show the 'Invalid DPCI' error.

Any iPhone X users, how is the newest version running? According to my simulator, it should be correctly fit, except for the top a little.

I've started looking into porting this to the droid. Going to potentially be a bigger challenge for me as I have little experience with Java.

Thanks all. Getting real close to App Store Release. Couple TL(M)'s at my store are already waiting for me to release it.

Users of the app,

Here's some upcoming changes:
Moving the backend service to a dedicated server.
This should decrease latency and reduce the load on my personal server at home. (and my data cap :()
Search via UPC code. This seems to working one hundred percent. Not sure if it's useful for TM's, but Shipt shoppers might use it.
If any type of error occurs, the app shouldn't crash, it should just show the 'Invalid DPCI' error.

Any iPhone X users, how is the newest version running? According to my simulator, it should be correctly fit, except for the top a little.

I've started looking into porting this to the droid. Going to potentially be a bigger challenge for me as I have little experience with Java.

Thanks all. Getting real close to App Store Release. Couple TL(M)'s at my store are already waiting for me to release it.
Correctly fits on my X. Of course ex pet for the top but I can deal with that. Haven’t used it much in store to be honest.

Correctly fits on my X. Of course ex pet for the top but I can deal with that. Haven’t used it much in store to be honest.
Yeah, I was trying to get it to fit in the top but I really couldn't get it so I opted to just squeeze it down a bit.

Minor things:

Some of the icons in the top bar are a little fuzzy, and the store info page wouldn’t need a “press X to exit” if the X was bright white and more visible.

Working on some new icons now ;)
Nice! Also idk how hard it is but dimming part of the screen that the menu bar isn’t covering to show the menu bar is “over” that part would be nice. Also a scroll bar to the “Store features” section where applicable to show it goes down further

The app is extremely impressive overall!!

Nice! Also idk how hard it is but dimming part of the screen that the menu bar isn’t covering to show the menu bar is “over” that part would be nice. Also a scroll bar to the “Store features” section where applicable to show it goes down further

Yeah, I'm looking into that. Something I would love to have.
Scroll bar is maybe an easy change, and something that should probably be there.

Wonder if anyone knows that you can tap on the item picture for a slightly bigger image ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm looking into that. Something I would love to have.
Scroll bar is an easy change, and something that should probably be there.

Wonder if anyone knows that you can tap on the item picture for a slightly bigger image ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes! Love that!

Pushing a new update to Apple tonight. Hopefully you all see the update tomorrow (Currently 9:30PM CDT for me)

Screen 'dims' now once the side menu is opened. Can't do a proper dim until I re-write the app.
Modified the app bar icons with higher resolution ones that should scale properly.
And, the biggest change of all,
I've now migrated the backend service to a VPS
Should mean faster responses depending on your geographical location.

Unless I hear about a major ground-breaking bug,
This will be the version I'm going to push to the app store for the first release (1.1.4)

**Oh my god**
Just got a response to my application for an engineering position at HQ. /cry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back