myPOG - No Longer Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Android Build 1.0 Basically complete.
Supports the same stores as its iOS counterpart.
Things missing from Android in its current state:
Barcode scanning, and support for multiple pictures.

You can still search for items via manual DPCI / UPC entry.

upload_2018-6-20_16-11-30.png

upload_2018-6-20_16-11-39.png

Unzip and install the APK to start.

Attachments

• myPOG-Beta1.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Beta 2 here
[kinda] Adds barcode scanning. Available from the navigation menu.
Likely buggy due to the hybrid nature of this app, and the multiple languages involved in its creation.

Attachments

• myPOG-Beta2.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Not sure how hard/easy it would be but in the store info page it may be more effective to just use the icons target uses for each "feature" instead of just the list that you have to scroll through. or if the line for county was removed that would save space.

I'll admit that I didnt' follow all of the discussion prior to there being an Android version.

Just downloaded and installed Beta 2 and started scanning items at home.

"Invalid DPCI or UPC" on a 12 pack of Coke, UPC is 049000028904. Maybe because it's a vendor item?

I'll admit that I didnt' follow all of the discussion prior to there being an Android version.

Just downloaded and installed Beta 2 and started scanning items at home.

"Invalid DPCI or UPC" on a 12 pack of Coke, UPC is 049000028904. Maybe because it's a vendor item?
Odd. Should work. Works on iOS so it's not a backend issue. I'll take look tonight. This is from scanning the barcode correct?

Thanks, @tmap. Downloaded the Android version last night and will give it a go this morning. Will let you know of any bugs I come across.

Surprisingly that barcode worked fist try on my Android build. Is there by chance a QR code near the UPC code?
That was it. As soon as I covered the QR and tried again, it came right up.

Also, this took me forever to think of..... the app will make it a lot easier for me to price compare when I'm out shopping.

Last edited:
myPOG Android Build 1.3
Notable changes include:
'touch to scan' bar from iOS has been implemented and functions as you'd assume.
Slight change in the way the POG Location is displayed.
On Hand Quantities have been disable temporarily due to a potential security issue. (This affects iOS Users as well)
Only 'core' feature missing is the ability to switch between pictures.
The store info panel is also missing but, I'm not sure I even want to add that at this point.

upload_2018-6-23_23-6-2.png upload_2018-6-23_23-6-11.png

Attachments

• myPOG-Beta3.zip
    2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
First of all, thank you! This app is already awesome. I work in middle-main (Dom, Bath, Bed, Plug, HIPA, Plas, ect...) truck fill most mornings and usually I have to grab a PDA (slow aside from STOing but myDevices are gone by 8a) to work anything without a pre-tied pick label (especially from the new set) & repacks, unless i want to walk to a price checker (super slow lately,) so this saves some time for sure! The only thing I've run across is when using the barcode scanner by device wants to scan in landscape, but if I tilt the device back right away a white flash would only happen. Later, I found if I held the device in landscape the proper screen would appear. Furthermore, if i turned off auto-rotate the issue was resolve too. Otherwise, this app is amazing!

Post to bring the following to attention:
Updated OP to reflect changed information.

The first version is out on the play store. I will be pushing all new releases direct to play store rather than on TBR
Android 1.4-A (Build on Play Store) has the following changes:
  • New Barcode Scanner
  • App & scanner locked to portrait mode (@MxTarget)
  • Removed barcode and on hand information for the time being.
Features still waiting for addition:
  • Store Info
  • Multiple Images

Did reshop most of the day except for the hour pushing in market so I got the chance to put the app through its paces.

I had a couple of problems but want to double check tomorrow to see if they repeat. In general, it was giving me at a location for about 80% of the UPCs scanned.

One bizzare thing that happened was it once switched from my store to the default store automatically. After I went in and switched it back I was good for the rest of the day. And, I'm highly certain I didn't accidentally open the apps control panel and change it inadvertently.

The only personal preference I have is I would prefer the "tap to scan" field to be at the bottom of the screen so it is closer to the fingerprint sensor home button where I wake the device. That way I can scan the UPC more quickly.

For the record, I'm using a Motorola g5 Plus running Android 7.0.

OK, today I confirmed the issue I was having yesterday.

When I scan a UPC barcode, it will only show one location of the product, when in fact, it has multiple tied locations:

Screenshot_20180626-093331.png

But, all tied locations will appear if I manually imput the DPCI:

Screenshot_20180626-093354.png
Unfortuately, I didn't try manually entering the UPC to see what that did.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180626-093331.png
    Screenshot_20180626-093331.png
    265.1 KB · Views: 4
OK, today I confirmed the issue I was having yesterday.

When I scan a UPC barcode, it will only show one location of the product, when in fact, it has multiple tied locations:

View attachment 5627

But, all tied locations will appear if I manually imput the DPCI:

View attachment 5626
Unfortuately, I didn't try manually entering the UPC to see what that did.
Interesting. Guarantee I left something turned off for a barcode scan. I'll take a look today. Thanks.

Scan option not working for me. Galaxy s8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back