myPOG - No Longer Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was funny, I showed my Team Lead this app because I gave my MyDevice to a person working in SFS and he asked how would I know if a item had a second location or not. After that, he was like "Holy cow, I should tell the LOD about this as it will be helpful for other team members"

This is great! Thank you!

The Android version works fine on my verizon galaxy J7.

Love the new update. Much cleaner and seems to be more stable.
One question:

I don’t think the reset store function serves any real purpose, since unless you work at the flagship store you don’t need to reset it to that. In fact, why not just completely remove that side menu, change the icon to that cute store one you use, and just make that a change store button? No need for the whole side menu unless other functions are planned for there.

Now that I think about it IDK if you have access to the data but showing if there’s an active cartwheel or gift card/BOGO deal would be awesome.

Did the iOS version always allow rotating? I go to scan a UPC that is vertical on the box/bottle and the screen to scan the UPC rotates with my phone.

Love the new update. Much cleaner and seems to be more stable.
One question:

I don’t think the reset store function serves any real purpose, since unless you work at the flagship store you don’t need to reset it to that. In fact, why not just completely remove that side menu, change the icon to that cute store one you use, and just make that a change store button? No need for the whole side menu unless other functions are planned for there.

Now that I think about it IDK if you have access to the data but showing if there’s an active cartwheel or gift card/BOGO deal would be awesome.

Side menu has a planned new option I'm working on right now.

The reset button is mainly a debug thing that I left in for the time being, due to this version being another completely new platform for me. I want to really make sure that the function for saving the store really works and has a workable default option if something goes wrong.

I can look into the deals thing.

‎myPOG on the App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mypog/id1362410472?mt=8

No. Slipped past my testing. I'll work on that along with some other things I'm adding in 2.0.6

How did it look rotated?

It seems only the barcode scan part rotates, nothing else. Or maybe I just can't get mine to rotate.

I also keep getting "Barcode Service Error. Try Again (myPog-1001)" I don't know if that error is just because it's scanning a QR code but I covered the QR code and still got that error.

It seems only the barcode scan part rotates, nothing else. Or maybe I just can't get mine to rotate.

I also keep getting "Barcode Service Error. Try Again (myPog-1001)" I don't know if that error is just because it's scanning a QR code but I covered the QR code and still got that error.

Was it actually returning the POG locations too?

I am noticing that appearing sometimes in the background but in my testing it still seems to correctly scan.
Looking into this as well.

Last edited:
Was it actually returning the POG locations too?

I am noticing that appearing sometimes in the background but in my testing it still seems to correctly scan.
Looking into this as well.

It is returning the POG locations.

Touch to focus on the scanner would be nice. I commonly get that 1001 error when I cancel the scanner without scanning anything.

Some more super nitpicky things that shouldn’t be high priority at all, it’s all iOS stuff idk about android
*Since the side menu is being kept... the store name and number aren’t aligned together. The number is just a little too far left... and the T should be uppercase
*the grey in the menu should continue to the top of the menu so the status bar doesn’t look weird, and the grey should go a teensy lower to line up with the orange bar. With the more space, change store and reset store could definitely fit in there if not on the right half then definitely below the number
*the locations of the items like aisle numbers etc are usually centered weird, no matter how many locations there are.
*images seem to be fuzzy
*more info is hidden, for some reason you have to scroll to see it... unless that’s purposeful

All these things are super nitpicky except autofocus and shouldn’t be top priorities. The app is awesome.

Touch to focus on the scanner would be nice. I commonly get that 1001 error when I cancel the scanner without scanning anything.

Some more super nitpicky things that shouldn’t be high priority at all, it’s all iOS stuff idk about android
*Since the side menu is being kept... the store name and number aren’t aligned together. The number is just a little too far left... and the T should be uppercase
*the grey in the menu should continue to the top of the menu so the status bar doesn’t look weird, and the grey should go a teensy lower to line up with the orange bar. With the more space, change store and reset store could definitely fit in there if not on the right half then definitely below the number
*the locations of the items like aisle numbers etc are usually centered weird, no matter how many locations there are.
*images seem to be fuzzy
*more info is hidden, for some reason you have to scroll to see it... unless that’s purposeful

All these things are super nitpicky except autofocus and shouldn’t be top priorities. The app is awesome.

1001: Removed in 2.0.6 as it isn't actually catching any error

Menu: Aligned in 2.0.6 & T Upped

Grey: Fixed in 2.0.6 / Actually makes it look proper on iPhone X's

Locations: If There are 1 OR 3/more locations they should populate from the left like in myWork, however if there are exactly 2 they should attempt to center themselves.

Images: Are being worked on. Trying to figure out the best resolution/way to display them.

More Info: Shouldn't be hidden, but it depends on the phone model, I'm curious as to what phone you're using.

1001: Removed in 2.0.6 as it isn't actually catching any error

Menu: Aligned in 2.0.6 & T Upped

Grey: Fixed in 2.0.6 / Actually makes it look proper on iPhone X's

Locations: If There are 1 OR 3/more locations they should populate from the left like in myWork, however if there are exactly 2 they should attempt to center themselves.

Images: Are being worked on. Trying to figure out the best resolution/way to display them.

More Info: Shouldn't be hidden, but it depends on the phone model, I'm curious as to what phone you're using.
Thanks!! I use iPhone 8. Items with three locations are spaced out weird. Like it’s aligned left but the spaces between each are different. Just out of curiosity is there a reason 2 locations are centered?

Thanks!! I use iPhone 8. Items with three locations are spaced out weird. Like it’s aligned left but the spaces between each are different. Just out of curiosity is there a reason 2 locations are centered?
It's a weird bug that is on my list of things to fix. At first glace, I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back