Archived MyTime and PA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how MyTime will affect specialty TM's such as PA's? We've been told that we won't be on a set schedule anymore and could be pulled out of any eligible work center, but I don't understand how that's an effective use of our pay grade since we're being paid to work in pFresh, do the order and do all the grunt work, not get scheduled in hardlines, non-order days or for shifts where you're just pushing pulls.

Anyone who's store has got MyTime already know how it's been working out?

At that point, I think your shifts would be edited. Although, best practice says that PFresh stores should not create a food team. All team members should work in other areas of the store. Not sure what that means for PAs and former consumables TLs, but if you're the only PA...you should be pretty confident that you'll be working in grocery still.

I dont get this topic. I mean, I am trained in Backroom, Plano, Truck Push (both C+S and GM), Cashier, Signing, but I dont think they could ever cut our hours even more in market. I dont think theres a second in any of my days where I have "free time" to do another workcenters work. Our new schedule has seen the market workcenter scheduled 7:30am-7pm with one person working at a time and no overlap.

For opening shifts I do my own stand alone research on non truck days, but I have to manually pull any outs and not make a batch because it effects the scores. When I come in I fill the baskets half the time too. Then there is the mandatory reshop, and all the other normal pfresh routines including culling, qmosing, SDA, all the morning pushes and twice a week huge milk push to the floor when the vendor comes, the order, receiving C+S 3 times a week and we are the first stop usually which sucks, and then helping out with the C+S push M,W,F because we literally lost 25% of our push hours.

For closing usually nothing is zoned before we come in anywhere from 2-3 and we are by ourselves. We have to zone the entire market section which includes most of the entire backwall of the store, and G6-G39. In addition our Pfresh area is on the opposite side of the store where our backroom is so just going back and forth takes forever and we have to walk through seasonal to get to the backroom. I have to help more guests outside of market when I close than I do inside market because we have literally 1 other person in all of hardlines. Then lately we have been leaving at 7 which is no good.

How the heck are you supposed to get everything done with that. I dont know what a monthly cleaning log is anymore, I dont have time for it.

Last edited:
My store uses MyTime, and our PAs still work their regular schedules for the most part. P-Fresh hasn't been affected by guest-driven scheduling like the front end and sales floor.

My store has myTime, PAs and Market TMs work half of their week in different work centers now. If you're keyed in for different work centers than your primary, myTime schedules you at least one shift in that work center. Before myTime they were only getting Market shifts with 30+ hours a week. Now they're getting SF, Cashier, Flow, BR etc shifts still with 30+ hours a week.

It would likely depend on how many PAs you have. If there needs to be a PA there, I would hope it would pull from that list and not stick a regular salesfloor TM in there.

My store hasn't started MyTime yet, but as of now there are 4 of us and we all spend one day outside of market. The one spends 2 days scheduled under logistics, they run the truck. One spends about half the week outside doing other shifts. Would this likely stay the same?

I was wondering the same thing. I am a PA aslo, and my CTL told me that PA's don't get set schedules anymore. I would work:
Monday: 9-5:30
Tuesday: 6am-2:30
Wed:OFF
thur:-3:30-close
then fri sat & sunday depended on my weekend rotation (opening or closing)

now I don't know how my schedule is going to be...
We have 4 PA's at my store. 2 of them only know market.
Myself and the other PA usually get scheduled under different workcenters every now and then (i.e. price accuracy, instocks, plano, )
so now im wondering if we are not going to be in market all the time?

We have 4 PA's at my store. We all know market & HL. 2 Know starbucks. Most of us have done presentation. One also knows pricing. I know electronics too.
Between all of us, we could do almost any department in the store. How will that impact us? Market is already suffering just by not having someone over there for about 3 hours in the middle of the day. It only works now if each of us spends one day in another workcenter. We can't afford giving up more time elsewhere.

I just dont see how this is even possible to hire another PA. Including my TL, we are getting 110 hours for the entire week. Barely enough coverage. If they hire another PA, where is that person going to get their hours?

hmm, 110 hours divided by 2 TMs = 55 hours per TM. Now, since you can only get 40 hours/ week times 2 TMs that = 80 hours, leaving 30 hours left over for the NEW PA !!!

that is where you are getting the hours.

Another way to look at it take the entire available hours 110 and divied bt the number of TMs say 3 and you get 36.66 hours per TM.

You have well more than our store with 4 PAs, we all get 1 day in another area of the store and your TL should be scheduled under hardlines most of the time, not market.

Wow 4 PAs? Must be nice. We only get one PA at our store granted we are ULV and only are getting 86 hours a week currently. We were doing 7:30p-2:00p and 4:00p-10:30p shifts, but with the way the pulls were after we switched to a 7:30am store, it was getting out of hand since they now drop every hour it seems with no rhyme or reason. So by the time the closer came in, the pulls were massively full carts from the 2-5pm pulls. We just switched the schedule to 7:30a-3:00p and 4:00p-9:45p with the evening cull and 1-2pm pulls being done before the opener leaves. Either way hours are too short no matter which route we take. I'm interested to see how mytime looks for market considering we bring in the bulk of sales most of the time, so hopefully that means we will get more hours in the department, but I feel like they'll be scheduled as "consumables" but actually used in other parts of the store.

Yeah i was reading on workbench market will now under consumables and that will include (chemicals, household commodities, pets, paper goods, pfresh, and dry grocery) thats half the damn store! lol.. 40% of sales at my store are from market, so i am hoping we get more Tm's scheduled in market that way PA's can do PA stuff without having to worry about pushing dry grocery.
Currently we get 220 hours allocated in market, 160 of those hours are given to the PA's then my CTL is scheduled under Hardlinnes or Zone. The thing is even with the 220 hours we get in market they still like to under-staff us in market!

Our store our cafs drop at 7:30AM and then they wont start dropping at 11AM, after 11 they start dropping hourly until after 5PM. Did you guys update your availability on mytime yet?? I know i did and it asked how many hours you prefer, of course i put 40!!! it also said your schedule is subject to change....which is concerning to me.

I feel you. As the only PA at my store and as the most experienced person in p fresh (been there since it opened), I am hoping to the target gods they dont screw with my scheduling. Pfreshdude mentioned all the things PAs are supposed to get done. If they put us (PAs) in other departments, then the p fresh section could get screwed if random people are scheduled there.

We techincally have 3 people on PA pay which is rediculous. I am the only orginal member of the pfresh team but get this, I get scheduled 2 MAYBE 3 whole market shifts every week even though I know everything inside and out. The other days I am scheduled for just C+S truck push or Ad team or Backroom.

The other PAs rarely if ever do the order and practically never have to do anything extra that actually warrants the pay increase they are getting. They are both friends of mine now and I get along with them fine but I think its hilarious we have all 3 of us getting paid as PAs while 1 just closes and the other closes and opens once a week on saturday where literally nothing extra has to happen and you have a bunch of extra time for various small projects here and there.

Last edited:
Wow. You two must be high volume stores if you have 4 PAs. My store has one PA (me). We are currently in search for another PA.

I just dont see how this is even possible to hire another PA. Including my TL, we are getting 110 hours for the entire week. Barely enough coverage. If they hire another PA, where is that person going to get their hours?

Our total market hours have dropped to about 84!!! 84!!!! And my CTL takes 38 of it. Ive been doing Pfresh longer than my CTL and the other 2 PAs combined and next week I am scheduled just 10 hours in market. The other hours are C+S push or other workcenters. Its frustrating to say the least.

Does anyone know how the actual hours are determined. This is the lowest ammount of hours i have EVER seen for Pfresh and coming in at 7:30 makes the morning tasks damn near impossible to get done in a timely fashion and sets me back so much.

Do the ETLS have input on how many hours they can give pfresh? It seems like they just keep cutting and cutting and cutting. Soon we will only have 1 person there from like 10-6 I swear

Last edited:
Blame your stl & etl-hr for the cuts in hours. They want to be green in hr with the district. Also, the 2nd factor, sales have being down, too.

Blame your stl & etl-hr for the cuts in hours. They want to be green in hr with the district. Also, the 2nd factor, sales have being down, too.

We are actually up in sales for the last month or so by at least 3% + . I believe my STL said we are the only store in the entire district that is actually positive for sales

Do the ETLS have input on how many hours they can give pfresh? It seems like they just keep cutting and cutting and cutting. Soon we will only have 1 person there from like 10-6 I swear
Until your store switches to MyTime they do. However, that involves them cutting from another department that is also low on hours. They cannot simply add hours, so a plus here means a minus somewhere else. Once MyTime rolls out to your district, hours are completely set by corporate and your store cannot reallocate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back