Votes: 9 36.0%
  • keep it private, free markets work!

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • sell spot to wally!

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so I'm wondering, for those of you interested in economics, what would a nationalized (state-owned) spot look like?

would it pay its employees a living wage?

would it schedule people 40 hours a week?

would it actually pay benefits to all its employees?

would it pay worthless corporate officers millions of dollars a year to be figureheads?

or should we take the slightly less drastic step of just unionizing spot first?

Just interested in polling peoples' thoughts on this.

What? no.

Unionizing would be interesting, but if enough Target team members could actually own shares to have controlling say on the board would be better. Maybe.

A controlled free market (so to speak) works just fine.
Let the working man have a voice through organization.

Nationalize spot! We can hang Obama posters over Guest Service and heil to the fuhrer every morning at huddle!

To unionize Target would be to change the way Target works.......teamwork, I mean.

We wouldn't be able to pick up shifts in other areas of the store.
We'd have to have someone in the backroom just to monitor the ladders.
We'd have to pay union dues.
Just because stores have unions doesn't mean that everyone gets medical coverage.
We wouldn't be able to talk with most of our LODs or ETLs.
No integrity hotline.

These are just a few things that come to mind.

I worked in a union grocery store and you're right and wrong.

To unionize Target would be to change the way Target works.......teamwork, I mean.

We wouldn't be able to pick up shifts in other areas of the store. We still picked up shifts in other areas of the store.
We'd have to have someone in the backroom just to monitor the ladders. They were a bit stricter about training on equipment but ladders? That's propaganda.
We'd have to pay union dues. True. Which came out of a paycheck which was considerably larger larger than the one I get now so it didn't hurt that much and they were used for important things like ...
Just because stores have unions doesn't mean that everyone gets medical coverage. We got our medical coverage through the union. Full coverage, not the supplementary savings accounts offered by Spot.
We wouldn't be able to talk with most of our LODs or ETLs.Of course you can talk to you supervisors, you just get to have somebody with you when they want to talk to you.
No integrity hotline. So Spot would stop having any integrity if it had to deal with a union?

These are just a few things that come to mind.

Wish we had a /sarcasm/ font because I could have sworn these were exactly the points from the video.

Last edited:
I worked in a union grocery store and you're right and wrong.

Wish we had a /sarcasm/ font because I could have sworn these were exactly the points from the video.

Yeah, I thought that sounded suspiciously like the video. Gregg, is that you? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back