Archived NCNS on CCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThatRed

Does this red and khaki make me look fat
My CCA isn't related to attendance, but I just had a ncns. Could they fire me for it since im on the CCA?

There is no CCA category for attendance. I believe call outs and lates would be "job performance" and NCNS is under a different category. @HRZone might know?

Either way you won't get fired. Worst case would be if it's the same category as your CCA and you could move to final warning.

NCNS is under conduct, Attendance is under performance. As long as your CCA wasn't a conduct issue, you should be ok

Wasn't like I did it on purpose, by the time I woke up it was past the 2 hour mark. I talked to my TL about it right after, but thanks for all of the kind responses.

Some people make it sound like picking up a phone and calling is the hardest thing in the world. Time for them to grow up and take some responsibility.

Don't judge. One night, pre Target, my husband was so sick I had to drive him to the ER. We didn't get home until 5am. I had to be up at 7am to be at work at 9am (hour commute). I slept through my alarm and woke up at 9:15.

Don't judge. One night, pre Target, my husband was so sick I had to drive him to the ER. We didn't get home until 5am. I had to be up at 7am to be at work at 9am (hour commute). I slept through my alarm and woke up at 9:15.

I agree we shouldn't judge... That said

To be fair, Target allows you to call out ahead of time. At overnight stores you can call at 2am and someone will answer.

Target gives you two hours AFTER your shift starts to call out. It's so generous I don't have much sympathy for it...

If you didn't call any other job until 2 hours after your shift they would probably tell you not to come back..

Last edited:
Just as Jenna120 mentioned, these things do happen but they are a one-off. I would surmise the cause of the imagined red-faced replies are that in a retail environment NCNS are about as common as one changing their socks. Far too many people look at jobs such as this as "just a little retail gig" or "just my part time thang. It don' mattah" which in turn ends up putting additional work on others. Due to this, even hearing "NCNS" will cause a cringe in many of us. For the majority of us out here the mere thought of not calling even if you're gunna run 5 minutes late is unthinkable - leave early every time and you'll not be late - let alone a *GASP* no call no show.

I've had one in my 5 years at Target (my "temporary" part-time gig haha): had a family issue that kept me awake for over 24 hours. Was scheduled for a 10pm start to an O/N shift. Decided at 7pm "oh hey ... I can get in an hour or two!" Awoke at 1am all "oh sh*t oh sh*t oh sh*t oh sh*t". Called immediately and the ETL said she was glad I rang as she was worried since I've never been late or missed a shift etc etc. She didn't call me as they're not allowed to ring up TMs for ANY reason but was nonetheless quite relieved I called her. She had me come on in then approved a few hours sick time for me to make sure NCNS was not the status.

It does happen but should be rare. Unfortunately, we see it far too often which in turn ... causes red-faces and flames. I get it. Be an adult: Don't NCNS!

Last edited:
For some people this is asking a hell of a lot.
This.
Sometimes life can throw you a curve ball & sometimes it's like there's a line of pitching machines aimed square at you.
You don't always know what someone has gone thru.

It boggles my mind how difficult it can be to fire someone at Target. You can have someone on 3 different CCA and still not fire them. You have to be so incredibly negligent to get on one CCA, but can still have a job with 3, absurd. :rolleyes:
Our laws allow for a litigious society. Even in an "at-will employment" jurisdiction a company can be sued for improper termination. It's crazy. So ... a company will pull a CMA and document everything but not pull the trigger, so to speak, as there could still be a remote chance of culpability. It's almost like having tenure haha

She didn't call me as they're not allowed to ring up TMs for ANY reason

Yeah I don't love this policy. I would rather call someone and make sure they are okay rather than wonder if they are going to no call no show. Plus what if something happened to them?

For brand new people I feel differently. If they have to be reminded they have a new job it's probably better to cut ties now.

Last edited:
It boggles my mind how difficult it can be to fire someone at Target. You can have someone on 3 different CCA and still not fire them. You have to be so incredibly negligent to get on one CCA, but can still have a job with 3, absurd. :rolleyes:

And it all depends on what the violation is.

For gross misconduct or breaking the purchasing guidelines someone can get fired without a previous corrective

Yeah I don't love this policy. I would rather call someone and make sure they are okay rather than wonder if they are going to no call no show.
This.
My store will still call TMs that are late, MIA, etc to see if there's something going on, especially if said TM is notoriously dependable.

For those who say don't judge: yes, you absolutely should judge, especially if someone already has discipline problems. There are cases where calling in isn't as important as say, driving a loved one to the er, but in all other cases, it often comes down to priorities and responsibilities. We've all gone to work on two hours sleep, sometimes even cycling past the 24 hour mark.

Part of being an adult and having a job is that if you want to succeed, reliability is a really big thing.

I guess responsibility and reliability is a thing of the past because some choose to apply sympathy from other situations onto situations where only incompetence and immaturity are to blame.

Part of being an adult and having a job is that if you want to succeed, reliability is a really big thing.

I guess responsibility and reliability is a thing of the past because some choose to apply sympathy from other situations onto situations where only incompetence and immaturity are to blame.
This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back