Archived Need some input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!

Been on the boards for a while. I rarely post, but I would like some input on a situation that I am experiencing.

I am currently a sales floor team lead that will have my bachelors degree completed in August. I have been interested in transferring to the DC, that is in the same city as my current store, as a group leader. My degree will be in supply chain management so I would like to put into practice what I have been studying. The issue is that my STL as well as much of the ETL team, as well as the DTL would like to see me stay at the store level as an ETL. They all think that I would be a good fit and would be able to succeed, but seem to be giving me the run around when it comes to starting the ETL process. There are also no current ETL openings in my district. The ETL team is also considering shifting the TLs around and would like me to take over the Flow TL position. The keep telling me that I would get a pay raise as well as extra for being a key carrier, but I feel like this is a ploy to keep me around for a while, and I would like to have a job by the time my degree is completed or shortly after.

I have talked with a current group leader at the DC (he is a former ETL) a couple of times and has talked to me about the ins and outs of the DC.

My question is should I go above the ETL team and try to work with this group leader to get the ball rolling, or should i keep pressing the issue the the ETLs.I know that going above their heads isn't the best idea, but I am just tired of getting the run around with leadership in the stores.

I would reread what you just wrote because it pretty much answers your questions.
There are no opportunities at the ETL level in your area and your store is only offering you peanuts.
Go for the DC.

From working back in HR I can tell you that they will use you and abuse you as long as they can. No one has any loyalty. Be loyal to yourself.

If you have the opportunity with the group leader than go for it. Good luck!

Devils advocate here...Is the Flow TL position a SrTL position? You would have all the responsibilities of an ETL but you would only have to work 40 hrs. In my opinion it is the best position in the store. I would not take it if it is not SrTL.

As a senior tl who inherited flow with ae14, I can tell you to go for the DC. The replenishment position right now is awful.

Been around a long time.. your good and they don't wanna replace you and they will do anything to keep you there.. seen it before.. go for it before they give you a bunch of black marks so your stuck there.. run run run go for it

Go for it. If your degree is in supply chain and you already work for Spot, then you're already more qualified than 90% of other GL's. Plus you never have to deal with a guest and (at least from my understanding) they bank more than ETL's. Run for it before store-side management tries to blind side you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back