Archived Need tips on setting hair product isle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I would like to know how other presentation team leads execute setting the shampoo isles. I've been a PTL for about a month now and every set that I have done thus far I've been using repack boxes to demerchendise the isle to keep thing neat and organized so our guest can shop around since my store is a 6am process store I have to make sure it as clean as possible.

So my question is how do you set the isle the most efficient, time saving and organized way?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Not a ptl, you have done a good job by resorting product for starters. Clearance shampoo moves out quickly. Brand, size & type of shampoo would be next. There are usually 3 or more planos sets in shampoo. Partner w/hl tl or etl on which side they want it on. That does change from time to time.
Dek or commie, I need some help please.

did two of these aisles today. tried working around the dividers that could stay in the same place, but ultimately it was faster to remove all of them, wipe the shelf liner and stick new ones. the set was fairly straightforward and it was the push that killed us. one time saver was sliding the backer paper in between shelves with product on rather than removing shelves to change it. what was your struggle and i will try to help? i am fairly NIR also.. but we were able to complete the sets in a reasonable amt of time. we are 6am start as well.

Not a ptl, you have done a good job by resorting product for starters. Clearance shampoo moves out quickly. Brand, size & type of shampoo would be next. There are usually 3 or more planos sets in shampoo. Partner w/hl tl or etl on which side they want it on. That does change from time to time.
Dek or commie, I need some help please.

Thanks for the tip, separating the product by brands makes a lot of sense.

did two of these aisles today. tried working around the dividers that could stay in the same place, but ultimately it was faster to remove all of them, wipe the shelf liner and stick new ones. the set was fairly straightforward and it was the push that killed us. one time saver was sliding the backer paper in between shelves with product on rather than removing shelves to change it. what was your struggle and i will try to help? i am fairly NIR also.. but we were able to complete the sets in a reasonable amt of time. we are 6am start as well.

I will be setting both isles tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I have to remove all the product to put new dividers on to match new product location.
Did you demerchendise the whole isle or did you set one section at a time?

I will be setting both isles tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I have to remove all the product to put new dividers on to match new product location.
Did you demerchendise the whole isle or did you set one section at a time?

I generally found it was best to demerch one section, set it, restock it with what you removed/what comes out of other sections, then repeat with the next section. Hopefully a decent amount comes out of the other sections, so they'll be less and less work to demerch as you work your way down the aisle. For the first few sections the amount of stuff left over after each section (in carts, or tubs, or however you're managing it) will gradually increase, but then once you get past the halfway point you should find you have less and less stuff left over after each section. Tearing the whole thing down and setting it all at once and then stocking works best--but only if you're overnight. You definitely won't get away with it at a 6am store (I couldn't even do it at a 4am store unless the STL was out of town ;)).

Of course this all assumes you've got a transition this time around that doesn't involve major changes, like swapping Brand X from Hair A to Hair B and Brand Y from Hair B to Hair A. When that sort of stuff goes down, you're pretty much screwed no matter how you look at it. It will be a rough morning for shampoo and conditioner sales, no way around it. (And, as we all know, it will just so happen to be the morning that every single guest in the store decides that she absolutely must have shampoo and conditioner. Again, no way around it.)

dont forget to check your transition. we set these aisles a couple weeks ago. they came with big shippers of shampoo as well. nasty push. luckily, i got to set the hair color aisle instead of shampoo this time. i hate shampoo.

adhesive dividers are our mortal enemy. we no longer use them. may i recommend the 18" pull strip dividers that snap on? much easier. and you don't have to scrub shelves for two hours or during revisions to get them clean.

partner with the sf the night before and see if they can help you clear. it's been dead this week at our store, and although there's literally an operator and a market person during the day, at night they've been having several closers. maybe if they have some down time they can help. our team has been cut to the bone with payroll this week and next, most of us only have a couple of days. just make sure you repay the favor and help with reshop or pulls when you guys have some time to spare :good:

" 18" pull strip dividers?"

Never heard of them, or maybe we call them something else. What are they? - stickys are the bane of my existence too - would love to avoid using them.

" 18" pull strip dividers?"

Never heard of them, or maybe we call them something else. What are they? - stickys are the bane of my existence too - would love to avoid using them.

Pull strip dividers are the dividers used in stationary to hold up the decorative paper plates and napkins. They are plastic dividers that snap onto rails that attach to the front and back on the shelf. They do not use adhesive tape to stick to the shelves. Our store uses these on many aisles that would normally use adhesive dividers on such as cough and cold, air care, shaving, deodorant, etc. Our shampoo aisle shelves are 14" so you would have to order the 14" pull strip dividers. The only downside is that they are expensive to order.

When setting the shampoo aisles we demerched the product into carts but we do 1-2 sections at a time since most of the product stayed in the same sections. I wished they would send new shelf liner. This way all we had to do was removed the old liner with the dividers stuck on them and start over with new liner.

Are you talking about the things that push the product forward like in the vitamin and deodorant aisles? Those things are a pain in the ass because they always come loose and screw up half the shelf.

Are you talking about the things that push the product forward like in the vitamin and deodorant aisles? Those things are a pain in the ass because they always come loose and screw up half the shelf.

those are spring pushers can hurt you, not used in shampoo. as dek suggested, go in to the party aisle where the red grab bins are. look at the fixtures holding the plates up across from them.

hey there is a new zone free divider we got last time we ordered. thicker notches, don't break as easy. you guys may wanna order a case and see how they work now. it's a different supplier, and they work much better. also, make sure they are putting in the extender bars. that makes a big difference on the deo aisles as whether or not they break.

hey there is a new zone free divider we got last time we ordered. thicker notches, don't break as easy. you guys may wanna order a case and see how they work now. it's a different supplier, and they work much better. also, make sure they are putting in the extender bars. that makes a big difference on the deo aisles as whether or not they break.

Better, but not unbreakable, even with extenders. We've gotten to the point where we remove the spring & pusher on the zone free for any plano with round product. Great idea dek, but do those work with the white shelf liners? Seems like it would be a pain to punch the holes for the front shelf strip.

I was going to ask the same about the shelfliner. Also, ours always seem so delicate over in stationary. maybe they are just ancient and brittle. our store loves the sticky dividers. the team hates dealing with them, but they are our stores go-to to replace zone frees in areas like vitamins and wet shave.

what shelf liners are you guys talking about? our aisles do not have shelf liner in any hair care area except the accessories.
however, i have put them over shelf liner in a couple other areas. stab it with a screwdriver. takes an extra 4 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back