Archived Negotiating a TL pay offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm offered the TL position that I'm up for, what are my chances of being able to negotiate my offer?

I am in softlines now as a regular TM and will be put in food ave or Starbucks if I get it.

About a month after I started, everyone in the store got a raise due to the minimum wage increasing here. Then I got a $.51 raise during my review.

From what I've read, TLs make $3 more than base pay but since the base pay is higher in food ave and Starbucks, could I negotiate a higher rate since I've bumped up a dollar already?

I have a bachelors but no retail experience prior to this position.

If I'm offered the TL position that I'm up for, what are my chances of being able to negotiate my offer?

I am in softlines now as a regular TM and will be put in food ave or Starbucks if I get it.

About a month after I started, everyone in the store got a raise due to the minimum wage increasing here. Then I got a $.51 raise during my review.

From what I've read, TLs make $3 more than base pay but since the base pay is higher in food ave and Starbucks, could I negotiate a higher rate since I've bumped up a dollar already?

You can. Have solid reasons to back it up.

I don't think base pay of FA or Starbucks should matter in regards to what FATL or SBTL make.

FATM being N05 in general bugs me.

Our N03 cashiers cover their breaks and lunches frequently. Our N03 cashiers stay far busier. They typically have to learn far more to do their jobs effectively.

FATL absolutely does not have a harder job than GSTL. They lead a far smaller team, they deal with far fewer guests, they have fewer responsibilities, etc.

SBTL however is certainly harder than FATL IMO. SBTM also have much more to learn than FATM's do and their increased wage doesn't bug me. Still not sure I'd say SBTL is necessarily more difficult/stressful than GSTL, but it at least seems much closer to equivalent workload/stress.

It helps that you have a bachelors degree. Leverage your experience at Target and your bachelors degree when asking for more money. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Okay, awesome, I'll give it a shot depending on what they offer! Thanks for the help. Yeah, I definitely agree that those areas are easier at my store but they are also the highest paid TL areas other than logistics.

I passed the district interview today, so we'll see what ends up occurring.

I actually was really happy with the offer tht I got, so I didn't have to do anything extra. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back