Archived Network upgrades for faster wifi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, it's Zebra. The pilot page even has Zebra in the name.

Wee have the upgrade. It does not fix all the problems... not sure if it made it better. My pmt assures me it did.
Come to find out this is a different, better upgrade. Yay? We don't have it yet but will be getting it.

The hardware is made by Zebra. The OS is Android. They're head and shoulders better than the iPods. Although, that was a pretty low bar to jump over :)

With speed test my store rates at 3 Mbps. My cell service gets 35 in the store and home hits around 150-200. The one day my cell service was acting up I was trying to download an album to my phone so I could listen to it while working in the freezer and it took 10 minutes. Haven't had internet that slow since 2003. I don't think fiber-optic is offered the area where my store is.
Well if you did this test on the Guest Wi-Fi network, that's not surprising at all. I'm sure there's QoS (throttling) in place so an unscrupulous guest couldn't hop on the guest network and saturate the bandwidth downloading media, app updates, etc. Priority would be given to all store systems over the guest network.

#1 Guest complaint is our wifi. I can't use cartwheel in your store. Could careless if we hounded red cards.

We are in the process of getting Verizon fiber installed. Apparently it takes several months and several different subcontractors, so it will be done sometime this fall.

Our devices stopped working and connecting for a good couple hours cause each one had the triangle with the ! In the middle. They're also slowing down we noticed. Fun times...

#1 Guest complaint is our wifi. I can't use cartwheel in your store. Could careless if we hounded red cards.

Yeah I am torn on this. Our breakroom is a dead zone for Wi-Fi unfortunately but I feel for the cafe/sbux folks who have teens come in, buy nothing and watch YouTube videos for hours with the volume up. I know they are secretly wishing the internet would go out.

Yeah I am torn on this. Our breakroom is a dead zone for Wi-Fi unfortunately but I feel for the cafe/sbux folks who have teens come in, buy nothing and watch YouTube videos for hours with the volume up. I know they are secretly wishing the internet would go out.
No outlets in our Sbux :D. We never have movie watchers.

Must not have it in my location yet: PDAs and even the Zebras lose connection constantly typically during the truck unload or while pulling autofills *sigh* Would be nice to be able to use Pandora without buffering haha

my store fixed it's wifi about a year or so ago and ever since then it's actually a really solid network, then again my state is covered by a FTTH provider so that could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back