Archived Never get anything done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if this is a target things or more of my store but, I feel like I never actually accomplish anything when I leave work. I work sales floor, fitting room/operator and cashier, where ever they need me. I feel I can never finish any of the jobs I'm given. I'm either called for backup, to set or push something, leaving other things (such as pushing go backs) rarely finished. I've never been coached on this, but It can't look good when I take a full cart and push a 3/4 full one back...same goes for z racks. I can push one, 2 hours after I start one. I think it might bug me more than it bugs anyone else?

Anyone else have this problem?

I have this problem when zoning HBA or Toys. HBA shouldn't require explanation, but I've found that in Toys, where the zone is usually the worst (outside of Seasonal, anyways), I tend to superzone instead of just facing each aisle. If I spend too much time in one aisle, it leaves me with less time for the rest of the section. OCD can be a real ***** in the Sea of Red.

It's good that you haven't been coached, but you may want to ask your TL for help with time management.

I feel like I got several things done today but not enough of them. I often have days that I feel like I did not get enough on my task list done though. When I start an individual task that I know needs to be completed before I leave I make sure I stick to it till completion. My tasks are the same every day so I have learned how long each takes.

I would suggest keeping communication open with your team leads and making sure you know what tasks they want you to put first.

I agree PA... ask them what they want done first. Amly, it's not uncommon. Just make sure you speak up in situations where you can. Obviously "guest first" is first but when someone derails you from another task make sure they know the first one is not complete. They may decide you need to stick with the first one instead or they may tell you to leave it because the second has priority but at least that way it's their call and you don't look bad for it. ;)

It basically comes down to don't bite off more than you can chew. If returns have to be done before you leave, make sure that you give yourself 5-15 minutes to get them done depending on if you've kept up with them throughout your shift. Let your bosses know that you'll get to that next task after you finish your current one. There's going to be days where you feel like you didn't accomplish anything and end up leaving work undone, but such is life at Target.

I was pulled from a GSA shift to help zone pfresh (freezers). I hadn't been in hardlines for a year or two, but I still knew what I was doing.

After an hour, the CTL asked why I wasn't done zoning the freezers yet. I said I was about halfway done. Totally perplexed, I told him to go look at the zone. He was blown away by how decent he was. He was only expecting me to run through and do a quick pickup zone, but after EVERYTHING was pulled forward, upright, aligned, he let me go on my merry way without complaining anymore.

This is everyday for me it feels like. Anything beyond working FDC for at least 1.5-2 hours, midday zone and abandon for 1-1.5 hours and covering breaks and lunches I don't feel like I have time for anything else two or three days of my week.

Sometimes it feels like it takes hours to zone toys and once you're done you have to start all over again. Sometimes I also feel like it takes me 30-45 minutes to do re-shop depending on the department.

Sometimes it feels like it takes hours to zone toys and once you're done you have to start all over again. Sometimes I also feel like it takes me 30-45 minutes to do re-shop depending on the department.

^THIS SO MUCH!!!!!! i feel for you man.

If you have human leaders then they'll realize what's going on and won't coach you on that. Before I left I tabulated that I spent over a third of my shift walking back and forth to back up cashier, a third to do my break and cover breaks at the fitting room/electronics/GS/etc, and then just maybe a third max to do reshop and zone. The only reason why my store ever finished 'zoning' was because we ceased super zoning a couple years ago. For most areas, like Sporting goods or Domestic, the IS score for the area remained fairly consistent considering how easy it was to zone. HBA and Softlines was a constant challenge due to both being very high volume, and market was managed decently because the team worked fast. Seasonal and Toys is our stress inducing areas.

I think a big problem at my store is we're often very under staffed, or pay roll isn't realistic (not that it ever is...) , etc. When I was first hired there use to be a few sales floor members on for most of the day. Now there's 1 of we're lucky. That 1 person is suppost to be the first response to backup, call buttions (minus electronics), team lifts etc, so it's hard to get anything done. As of late I've noticed we don't really have an sales floor people so the fitting room/operator response and we pray the phones don't ring. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back