Archived New adhesive signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullMonkey

Ex-Backroom Badass
Our store finally started getting the new adhesive ad signing, but they're not sticking every well. We keep finding little piles of them in the aisles where they've just all fallen off. Any other stores encountered this and found a good way to deal with it?

We switched over to them this week too and I noticed that problem too. There seems to be a couple causes. Putting them on a strip so that the adhesive isn't fully on is one problem. The other is if the label strip is too dirty; had this issue in chem, big time. First one's easy to deal with, just make sure you stick it on real good. Second one? Good luck with that one.

I know that the humidity in my store this time of year, and our Freezers/coolers the store printed versions on this adhesive signs are not very friendly to each other...

On the order hand....

Peg Hooks!

The ones printed at the store stick better than the ones sent from HQ. If you have one that keeps coming off, just reprint it yourself. I never thought I'd miss those old signs, but I do!

We do everything we can to get them to stick and they still won't stay. We had them lying everywhere this past Sunday. I hate them they seem like such a pain. When you peel them off half the shelf comes with it a lot of the time. Than again the old labels weren't that much better.

We do everything we can to get them to stick and they still won't stay. We had them lying everywhere this past Sunday. I hate them they seem like such a pain. When you peel them off half the shelf comes with it a lot of the time. Than again the old labels weren't that much better.
Your label strips must be dirty?

We do stick em on as hard as we can, but even areas that have pretty clean label strips still have issues. I was pushing M&B and there were about 7 - 10 just laying on the ground.

It looks so shitty :(

Other than this and the bloody backing strips, they're great. Far nicer to put up than the folding signs.

@squirrely That's weird, I've had more trouble with store-made signs not staying up on dirty shelves. But I wonder if that's because we print off large batches, let them sit in a stack for a while and the heat from the printing process affects the adhesive?

Also if we have too much trouble with signs sticking next Sunday, I might try suggesting a TL requisitions a nailgun for signing team. Or maybe our STL can ease his restrictions on 7x11s.

Maybe we can just requisition a shit ton of super glue...
...and replace label strips every week

My problem is with the Wednesday and Friday stacks. Last week it took me an hour to collate the four stacks that were in a pile at the bottom of the box. Oh, and it is beyond me why signs have a POG number but no location (perfume, beer cooler, PFresh). I prep the ad because it's 15 guaranteed hours for me each week, and it takes that long to do it right at my store.

I hate the Adhesive residue the leave behind when the are taken down. Miss the old signs

My problem is with the Wednesday and Friday stacks. Last week it took me an hour to collate the four stacks that were in a pile at the bottom of the box. Oh, and it is beyond me why signs have a POG number but no location (perfume, beer cooler, PFresh). I prep the ad because it's 15 guaranteed hours for me each week, and it takes that long to do it right at my store.

I agree, especially with the Wednesday signs. For two weeks in a row, we had about 4 stacks squashed because they send them with the heavy 11x11s. Tell me why they can't shrink wrap each stack like they used to for the non-sticky 3x5s?

We've had the adhesive signs for about 6 months with no problems sticking except for in our last shampoo aisle (smaller surface area)

Reactions: pfa
I agree, especially with the Wednesday signs. For two weeks in a row, we had about 4 stacks squashed because they send them with the heavy 11x11s. Tell me why they can't shrink wrap each stack like they used to for the non-sticky 3x5s?

YES! This week in the Wednesday box they FINALLY put the stacks on TOP of the 7x11's. The first box is always different and the Wed/Fri boxes have shrink wrap? I swear it's always the smallest things that make for an extra hour of work.

The label strips are easy to keep clean if your pog team gets into the routine of using rubbing alcohol and cotton balls to clean them up after a reset (especially in chem/food/pets).

We are only allowed to use Goo Gone due to the smell of rubbing alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back