Archived New adhesive signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had that problem when we got the sticky ads several weeks ago. We've been using wet wipes to clean the dirty label strips (especially the bottom ones) and wiping them dry before sticking the sign on. I also make sure to press firmly with a couple of finger swipes.

Are these new signs the cardstock with a bit of adhesive on the back (that isn't very adhesive)? Because we have had them at my store since I started.

Or are they more like the thin, flappy kind of adhesive tags that you often see in grocery stores?

YES! This week in the Wednesday box they FINALLY put the stacks on TOP of the 7x11's. The first box is always different and the Wed/Fri boxes have shrink wrap? I swear it's always the smallest things that make for an extra hour of work.
I tried to complain about it through MySupport. They said to email some random address (SPM.Signing, I believe). I don't have email, but thanks for nothing!

Again Target is one step behind with these. I noticed that Kmart had these adhesive labels back in 2012. They looked pretty much identical to the ones we're now using.

Interesting. I hate the sticky signs for the opposite reason. They're a pain in the butt to take down to me. They require more effort than the old ones so in comparison, these are time consuming.

Also, if the old signs fell off for whatever reason, they were easy to put back up. But if the sticky signs come off, they lose their stickiness and it's a pain to put back up.

Interesting. I hate the sticky signs for the opposite reason. They're a pain in the butt to take down to me. They require more effort than the old ones so in comparison, these are time consuming.
In the old days, had plastic holders with sign inserts to do the ad with.

In the old days, had plastic holders with sign inserts to do the ad with.

Like the bigger (I think they're 7x11s) ones but smaller? It something completely different?

I rarely have to do takedown so it's not that big a deal, but I hate those sticky signs. They're so tough to remove. I haven't had any problems with them falling off and honestly have trouble believing that happens to anyone lol. Ours are that sticky. The old ones, half the time when they fell off, they'd also been ripped in the process so they weren't always easy to put back to. Me and a coworker joked that they should just get screens that they can change because ad takedown is the worst.

My theory is the floor buffer is blowing them loose. Thats what I see in the early morning anyways

Target really needs to invest in led labels. I would love to have LED label strips and a way to program/automate an aisle to where you could set the shelves and input a Pog number and then all the LED label strips fill in with the correct pricing and spacing. It would be amazing.

Target really needs to invest in led labels. I would love to have LED label strips and a way to program/automate an aisle to where you could set the shelves and input a Pog number and then all the LED label strips fill in with the correct pricing and spacing. It would be amazing.
It's exciting to think about the future.

Omg. I didn't know that already existed! We need that... But better.Manually doing signs feels like such a timesuck.

Like the bigger (I think they're 7x11s) ones but smaller? It something completely different?

I rarely have to do takedown so it's not that big a deal, but I hate those sticky signs. They're so tough to remove. I haven't had any problems with them falling off and honestly have trouble believing that happens to anyone lol. Ours are that sticky. The old ones, half the time when they fell off, they'd also been ripped in the process so they weren't always easy to put back to. Me and a coworker joked that they should just get screens that they can change because ad takedown is the worst.

It is easy to believe when you have people who have no clue you can't stick them to filthy, dusty or label strips coated in soap, or other scrum caked up on them. They don't care, don't know or just aren't given time to clean them to make sure they stick down. So yeah I find them all the time on the floor and when you see the nasty label strip you see them sort of stuck to. Or my favorite, someone who is only half pulling the backing strip off and tacking them on the shelf.

This past weeks batch sucked. We just stated getting them from corporate though. The ones to print in house still are sticky plenty.

The kohls signs are great, but they are still wrong a good portion of the time. After all the sign is only as smart as the person programming it. They look nice though.

It is easy to believe when you have people who have no clue you can't stick them to filthy, dusty or label strips coated in soap, or other scrum caked up on them. They don't care, don't know or just aren't given time to clean them to make sure they stick down. So yeah I find them all the time on the floor and when you see the nasty label strip you see them sort of stuck to. Or my favorite, someone who is only half pulling the backing strip off and tacking them on the shelf.

That makes sense. Our people obsessively clean those things. We've got dusters and rubbing alcohol and sponges and sprays.

Children. OMG. I walked by HBA and about 15 stickers had been torn down and stuck to the floor in a rainbow shape. Who lets their kids do that?

Asshole parents. Just wait until those brats hit their teens. Mommy and Daddy won't know how to deal with them. Cause by that time they have never heard "No" and they ain't going to listen now.

Car will be wrecked, girls will be pregnant and the boys will be in jail and probably have someone pregnant.. Karma she is a bitch..

They were being tested in stores in MN a while ago, weren't they? I remember pictures being posted.

I like that these signs actually stay in place most of the time, but taking them down is a bitch. Half the time, the adhesive strip peels right off the paper sign so you have to scrape the damn thing off.

They were being tested in stores in MN a while ago, weren't they? I remember pictures being posted.

I sorta remember reading something about them on here a couple years ago. If Spot had them, you know they'd only be able to be changed by corporate, so they'd be wrong often because fucking idiots who have never set foot in a store in their lives global issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back