Archived New Auto Activated Process for Adset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some background... I have only been preparing signs for adset for about a month now and since I have very little training in it (Very little! Most of what I know I learned it from here). I'm getting the hang of it that last week was the first ever that I managed to finish the adprep with 30 minutes to spare.

Before that, I am the only one who scans the signs in during the adsetup on Sats (Still am.). BTW, is it true that you have to be finished with the adprep by 5pm on Friday?

Sooooooo... yesterday, I was given an email letter to read by my TL. It contains info about the new auto activation process. From what I gather, I have to prep the signs and signed them in during the adprep process. It says in the email that the from the new setup, the store who were using this process saved 4 hours of prep time by using 2 tms, the setup is completed in 3 hours using 3 tms.

I'm thinking I might need more time for the adprep as I am only one (unless it's a heavy workload as scheduled, I don't think they would add another to help me). As for the setup, that might really save us some time. What do you think?

Last edited:
the biggest change will be 60% scanned in already as reported by another poster. i havent seen the email yet.

I heard a few weeks ago from one of my ETLs that the signs are already "scanned in" when we receive them and that the ad set team doesn't have to scan them in anymore. I meant to post about it but I forgot about it until now.

I heard a few weeks ago from one of my ETLs that the signs are already "scanned in" when we receive them and that the ad set team doesn't have to scan them in anymore. I meant to post about it but I forgot about it until now.

The person who preps the signs will scan them in so by the Sat night/Sun morning, the adset team receives them already scanned in.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of scanning in signs? I thought it was to confirm that the sign was actually put up.

Anything that wasn't put up on the shelves will be "scanned out" (like a forced takedown) at the end.

We haven't scanned signs up or down in about a year. Those are some amazing team members if it only takes three of them three hours to set an ad. It takes 6-7 tms anywhere from 3-5 hours to finish hanging ad depending on how many signs there are, how many endcaps need headers and 7x11s, how many signs you need to reprint, etc. That's just to set. We quit scanning a long time ago and it still takes this long. so unless the ads are getting smaller or something, I don't see this helping that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back