Archived New Backroom TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to the backroom and I'd like to learn more about the PDA because in my store we use sto for back stocking and I read subt is better. Is there anyway I can look to read more on the PDA and is functions for backroom?

Check out this thread: http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/the-big-dandy-backroom-thread.380/

STO is the correct app for backstocking. What you read was likely in reference to a trick known as SUBT9999.

When a planogram is killed and the items are pushed to the home locations as much as possible, the rest of the items may need to be backstocked with SUBT9999. If you don't do this, the system thinks you still need those items on the floor even though you don't. First, you STO the items. Then, you SUBT 9,999 of each DPCI to clear any residual accumulator need, then you STO them again. (The first STO doesn't have to be done, but it's recommended.)

SUBT9999 should only be used when absolutely necessary, i.e. if all locations are completely full for each DPCI. Many logistics leaders don't allow their teams to use SUBT9999 because if not used properly, the items won't be replenished like they need to be (it's like burning a CAF before it even drops, and burning CAFs is unacceptable).

Advice for SUBT9999 - please follow @mrknownothing 's advice on how to use it. If done incorrectly, which my team was doing, you'll jack up location accuracy. SUBT9999 does not replace STO, it supplements it by resetting the accumulator.

It actually came from a discussion in the backroom thread a year or two ago. Our admin, Formina Sage, was a Backroom/Instocks TL before he left Target and he did a few experiments with SUBT9999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back