Archived New dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday in our store the leaders said that new target policy is that everyone must tuck in their shirt. It's not a big deal just wondering if any other stores were told the same thing.

Oh, good grief. I doubt this is a corporate thing. And either way it is silly. There are a billion things to worry about on a daily basis. And whether or not someone's shirt is tucked in is NOT anywhere on the list. No one says, "oh, I'm not shopping there, they don't tuck in their shirts."

yes thwy have told us thias at my store in [store name redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

...........shit.

Pro tip dont say your store :p

This worries me because I will not tuck in my shirt. Mostly because I wear red hoodies.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had a sign about this a year ago at my store. But it said that it is "suggested" so no one does it really

geez, our store would be doing good to have everyone in red and khaki. Just last week I pulled 6 team members aside and told them i didn't want to see them at work again without a red shirt on.

...........shit.

Pro tip dont say your store :p

This worries me because I will not tuck in my shirt. Mostly because I wear red hoodies.

That's the thing...hoodies, fleeces, sweatshirts, sweaters, women's shirts...none of these look good tucked in, and would just look silly. Thus I'm not going to worry about this.

And like R&K said, getting people to show up in red and khaki is enough of a battle most days...who in the heck has time for worrying about if someone's shirt is tucked in?

I think it probably means T-Shirts and Polos more than jackets (I think). I never tucked in my Polo, but always had a tucked in tshirt underneath. That way I'm not flashing my boxers at everyone when I bend over ! :p

At my new Helpdesk job I always tuck my shirts in though.

Haven't heard anything about this at my store yet, it might be on a store-by-store basis.

Used to tuck my shirt in at work but that stopped soon after getting moved to the line for truck unload, where I need the extra ventilation to survive 1 1/2 hours of furious stacking action.

Everything dress code related is "suggested." Mandating tucked in shirts will require mantading a specific type of shirt, which will never fly.

Like Barcode, I wear a polo with a shirt tucked in underneath it. I enjoy wearing polos, they look much better than regular t-shirts. I've even done some custom Spot themed embroidery on a couple of them.

There'd be a lot of tucking, re-tucking, and ticking again in logistics.

lol, the flow/backroom team is going to explode if we have to tuck in our shirts

I always tuck in my polos and button ups at work and I rarely wear t-shirts. I look more professional this way and I feel like I'm respected more by the guests because of it.

I always tuck in my shirts, but I also always wear a high-waisted skirt, and it would look ridiculous if I didn't tuck in my shirts.

So yesterday in our store the leaders said that new target policy is that everyone must tuck in their shirt. It's not a big deal just wondering if any other stores were told the same thing.

This is not the corporate policy. It is most likely either a store or district thing. Some STLs and DTLs prefer that look among their teams.

It really depends on what I'm wearing AND the time of day for me. I rarely tuck in T-shirts, and I'll tuck in my polo if I'm up for brown-nosing on any particular day. Right now, my wardrobe of choice is that C9 golf shirt that is in Bullseye shop with khaki C9 golf pants. Very lightweight for those days where I'm being run ragged.

I bet it's only store. I remember a few years back they wanted us to wear belts and tuck in our shirts well ya that didn't last very long.....

Button down. Rolled up sleeves. Untucked.

I need the freedom of movement, and not having to worry about my shirt coming untucked hustling my butt all over the front of the store.

For the gstls and tls that spend all day playing etl, tucking is fine. I'll be spending my shift dealing with heavy items, doling out boxes of bags and cleaning restrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back