New DSD

So we have a new DSD and he is pushing hard for perfection throughout the store.

For my team of course it is Productivity and INF.

First it was they have to be picking 40 uph at least for OPU/SFS and 60 up for Grocery. Ok no problem this is totally doable.

Now I am being told to write down the number of units they should be able to pick during their on the break schedule BUT we want you to use 55 uph for Standard and 65 uph for OPU/Grocery. "Let's see what we can get out of them" is the phrase that was used.

I'm all for productivity but give me a benchmark and I will help get them there. This is the 3rd time it has changed in a month.

And damn for INF nobody Audits at our store except the suspect task audit so counts are crazy off. Not to mention we haven't had an inventory in almost 2 years. I will say the team is bad about checking with anyone for their INF, the previous leader did not hold them accountable for anything.

Shit is crazy right now.

Tbf uph is a pretty bad metric. Its real easy to get good uph but if they are only doing 150 units in a 5 hour shift thats a bigger problem. We use a 50 uph benchmark at my store so in a 5 hour shift the are expected to pick 250 units , although i would say anything over 200 is our acceptable number. It can be a little tricky as some tms might pack a little bit or will be asked do some other work so you have to use some judgement on how much time they actually spent picking or packing

At my store, new people and people who are obviously not picking enough (couple hundred units in a 7 hour shift) are the ones that are focused on for speed. Card # 235297 on greenfield is a pretty good resource to see who's actually working. It'll give you how many hours spent actively working vs hours on the clock as well as some productivity metrics, though I'm not sure how those are calculated because they're different from the regular flex dashboard.

As far as INFs, everything is cleared by a lead or captain who then audits the counts themselves. Our INF is generally under 3% for OPU. We actually had an under 2% week recently.

Back