Archived New Employee...Any advice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mzj

Just moved to Wisconsin and was offered a cashier position. Job is walking distance to my house made the most sense. Any advice? Had no idea that Target didnt supply their own uniform red shirt? My sister works at office depot they supplied her with two red shirts. ..So how hard is cashiering. Looks easy from the customer side. Appreciate all advice on advance ..

Welcome to the break room. Yes it sucks they dont provide a shirt but at my store and state they are required to provide a red vest since they dont provide a shirt. Follow up with your HR. With your employee discount and wage it wont take long for you to afford one.

Cashiering is easy but how difficult it is mentally depends on your store. You are expected to ask every single guest if they want a RedCard.

For some people this is easy others have a hard time with people saying no 99% of the time, store leadership putting pressure on you to get them. Etc.

Cashiering is probably one of the easier jobs yes but your responsibilities will vary from store to store.

You get to wear whatever red shirt you want. This is how Target gets around not having to supply one. I would much rather wear my own type of shirt that is red, than some 2 dollar made shirt I am forced to wear.

Be ready to stand a lot. Get some comfy shoes. Your number one goal will be fast check outs, and getting red cards. Prepare yourself now on trying to "sell" the red card. Most people already have one or have been asked the 20 times the past 3 weeks they have come into the store.

Don't randomly decide one day that keeping a 5 dollar gift card from a guest's transaction will go unnoticed. This is the most fun and easiest aspects of Asset Protection. Even though it's a HR violation, it gives us something to do. See a gift card on the ground? Give it to the GSTL and move along.

Welcome!

Target doesn't do "uniforms" because federal regulations would require that they provide them for workers. Instead they have a very specific "dress code," which means you get to pay for it yourself.

The registers are easy to learn, hardest part are the red cards. You have to ask every single guest. We also provide a red vest or you can just wear a red shirt. The dress code is very lax at my store. A lot of people wear shirts that are more purple than red. We give new team members volunteer shirts if they ask for a shirt. They are very comfortable.

The registers are easy to learn, hardest part are the red cards. You have to ask every single guest. We also provide a red vest or you can just wear a red shirt. The dress code is very lax at my store. A lot of people wear shirts that are more purple than red. We give new team members volunteer shirts if they ask for a shirt. They are very comfortable.

Yeah at my store the red tops are almost always solid red but at the store I trained at people wore red shirts with logos, metal rock bands, one girl wore her high schools sweatshirt LOL

Yeah at my store the red tops are almost always solid red but at the store I trained at people wore red shirts with logos, metal rock bands, one girl wore her high schools sweatshirt LOL

Sounds like you trained at my store LOL. We have so many team members not showing up for work so I guess the leaders don't care what team members are wearing as long as they come in for their shifts lol. I swear I spend half of my days trying to get shifts covered :mad:.

Don't speak ill of coffee.

33f.jpg

Running the cash register is easy, dealing with customers is hard, and depending on who your immediate supervisor is, collecting your quota of Red Cards can be impossible. In any case, try to enjoy your time there, use it as a learning experience, remember to be nice, and everything should work out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back