Archived New Employee at Food Ave many questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i just got hired at target like last week. I work at food ave. I've only got trained for two days and im going to be alone tomorrow all day. I have questions that need to be answered.
1. what is the order of the dough process when making the pizzas????? do you put them in the retarder first or the proofer? and for how long??
2. do you do the same with the breadsticks??
3. when preparing the breadsticks is it the seasoning first or the butter?
4. how do you make hot wings?
i know i should have learned this while getting trained but my trainer was literally focusing on telling this other girl i was with while he had me do dishes.

Oh man, how you can be a trainer and not know how to train multiple people at once, it's funny everyone agrees to become a trainer to get promoted but fail to actually be decent at training. That sucks you just got put on dishes with no real training. Do you have a Team Leader? Find out who the GSTL is tomorrow so you can get in touch with the LOD and he or she should be able with any on the spot training.

I'd ask for additional training. I've never worked FA so I'm useless, probably should of never offered my opinion, but plenty of other people here have worked FA. Good luck!

1. Proofer first I think. (Heat) for about an hour and a quarter then at room temp for a bit, then into the cooler.

2. Breadsticks are the same, but we’ve been having issues with ours for some reason lately. We’re going to try out putting them in the heat for another 20 minutes.

3. Butter first. Helps the seasoning stick.

4. Thaw for 4 days, portion. Three wings+three drums per bag. Full oven pass on the circular pan with parchment paper.

1. Proofer first I think. (Heat) for about an hour and a quarter then at room temp for a bit, then into the cooler.

2. Breadsticks are the same, but we’ve been having issues with ours for some reason lately. We’re going to try out putting them in the heat for another 20 minutes.

3. Butter first. Helps the seasoning stick.

4. Thaw for 4 days, portion. Three wings+three drums per bag. Full oven pass on the circular pan with parchment paper.
3 and 4 are correct. For 2, yeah breadsticks usually need a little bit longer to proof, but the main issues I see are not spraying them enough with the food release (they need to be covered completely) or leaving the dough out for too long and then putting it back in the freezer. I've seen lots of team members struggle to break apart breadsticks so they leave the whole box out (or take several sheets out, but still more than they need) so they're easier to get apart. That would be fine, except they can't be put back into the freezer once they've thawed - either use them or toss them.

For 1, there should be a chart. The process is: take them out of the freezer and pan them. Put them in the retarder (33*-40*F) for a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 18 hours. Then take them out and leave them at room temp for (I think) a half hour (correct me if I'm wrong) and then put them in the proofer (95*F +/-5*F) for somewhere around an hour, give or take about 15 minutes. Then take them out (leave at room temp again? I forget, but no one at my store does it lol) and put them back in the retarder. They need to sit in the retarder for a minimum of 1 hour so they can cool down. After this 1 hour cooling period, they are good for up to 24 hours. Pizzas can then be topped and are good for up to 4 hours. Breadsticks just get cooked, unless you're also using a breadstick toaster and cambro, in which case you can cook them, hold them for up to 3 hours, and then toast them and serve immediately (do not put toasted breadsticks in the hot hold).

The best thing about Pizza Hut is that there is going to be a chart for everything. No matter what your trainer, your TL, or anyone on here (including myself) tells you, the official process should be posted for you to double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back