Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was an option for idiocy
1-Out of Temp
2-Damaged
3-Out-Dated
4-Demo/Sample
5-Idiocy

I looked for that last option the day I had to QMOS out several three tier carts of cooler items because our Plano team reset the coolers, but in the middle of their reset went to lunch and left everything sitting out in the carts on the floor. They were the laughing stock of the store for the rest of the week for that stunt.

I learned years ago the best way to deal with some Tls is to let them think they are in charge....ask them...but do the right thing in the end
The thing that would concern me the most is being thrown under the bus by a TL/ETL for failing to do what's right even after they were the ones that told you to put unsafe food on the floor. The same sorts of things happen in food ave. For me, I just don't want to be responsible for making anyone sick!

I used to throw that shit away right in front of them when I was pa.. I hate catching cashiers coming with shit guests walked around the store with for 2 hours then decide they didn't want and try and restock them as per the GE/gstl/gsas request.. I only hate it because you know it happens many more times you don't see

A couple weeks ago...we got our grocery truck. I had back stocked the cooler went into the freezer and no BS. Well. I knew no one else had done it ( they wouldn't if their life depended on it 0 so I asked the TL, have you seen the frozen BS...his reply, Uh, no...I bet no one brought it back. I replied well, if its still sitting on the floor its been out there for over an hour....next thing I know here he comes with the frozen bs. I said well I guess all that just gets qmos'ed now ...H e replied nah it will be ok....you can qmos the ice cream but the rest will be fine. I asked three times...are you sure? I picked up half thawed chicken and shrimp....are you sure? yeah it will be fine he said. wow....
Almost exact same thing happened with my store. These were my words
if you have me or anyone else on our team back stock this I will not hesitate to answer the best team survey question "do you ever feel you have to compromise your ethics?" With as high a YES! As possible and if I am asked proper procedure by steritech I will say anything left out less than 2 hours is fine to sell
. We qmos'd it all.

I'm a ServSafe certified food safety manager and have dealt with Steritech in my past life as a restaurant manager. You guys are giving me gray hairs! FIFO is my damn religion. I even FIFO the cash in the cash office. And the idea of not qmosing out half thawed chicken and shrimp (please tell me the chicken was stored below the shrimp at least...) is terrifying. I think I'm going to have to peruse our Steritech report if/when I get a chance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back