Archived New ETL-LOG finally told me why backrooms dresscode isnt strictly enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I could tell them they can't wear the hats, black shirts or hoodies they have been wearing for years and have then Pissed at me and work slower. Or I could leave them alone and let them do their job"

Thought it was pretty cool having a leader that isn't a total tool for once. Might be a little unfair to the other Tms but the guest barely see us anyway.

I wish we could bend the dresscode
But we're on the floor as much as in the back :(

Nice that you have an ETL that doesn't get hung up on the silly things

I use to wear hoodies of all colors in the backroom. Never had a single TL say anything to me about it in 7 years, except one time I was wearing a blue one and was pushing from the floor. Generally, I just go with red now and no one's had a thing to say anymore.

Just another reason why when I hear,"Okay, remember, we're one team," I ignore. Other teams see you not following the dress code, or being allowed to bend whatever other rule you don't care to follow. It's not a matter of fair versus unfair. It's a matter of following the rules of the company who pays your wages. A strict interpretation I realize, but they have dress codes for a reason.

"I could tell them they can't wear the hats, black shirts or hoodies they have been wearing for years and have then Pissed at me and work slower. Or I could leave them alone and let them do their job"

Thought it was pretty cool having a leader that isn't a total tool for once. Might be a little unfair to the other Tms but the guest barely see us anyway.
What do they do when they have a visit?

Just another reason why when I hear,"Okay, remember, we're one team," I ignore. Other teams see you not following the dress code, or being allowed to bend whatever other rule you don't care to follow. It's not a matter of fair versus unfair. It's a matter of following the rules of the company who pays your wages. A strict interpretation I realize, but they have dress codes for a reason.

I agree. Comparing Backrooms workload to other workcenters is a fucking joke.

And because of that dresscode, flow Tms have dirty ass shirts and really dark spots under the arms and they look like Walmart Tms.

Target should issue black shirts with a big bullseye on the back or something for logistic tms

I'll never forget, when I wore a hat when I was asked to come in to to help push a random 900 piece C&S truck.... I came in at 4am, pushed ALONE for and hour and a half until the flow C&S team came to help me, by then I had all of produce and fresh meat done, only at 8am at store opening, to get yelled at to take my hat off, while 2 of the 5 Flow TM's helping didn't get a lick.

Flow actually laughed and said that was bullshit.

Is it that hard to wear a red shirt and a red hoodie? Aside from being in the freezer, you should hardly need a hoodie if you're working hard enough. And why are earth are you wearing a hat?

If your ETL is concerned you all might work slower because you have to vaguely follow a dress code, you're probably all barely worth the payroll. Bunch of backroom babies, I'd run circles around all of you.

And because of that dresscode, flow Tms have dirty ass shirts and really dark spots under the arms and they look like Walmart Tms.

Target should issue black shirts with a big bullseye on the back or something for logistic tms

I'm not disagreeing you that maybe Target should provide and alternate. But we have to work with the reality we have.

I'm not disagreeing you that maybe Target should provide and alternate. But we have to work with the reality we have.

I agree.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the flow teams in my store follow dress code and they look a-ok.

An ETL who can't follow a simple and easy (or "silly" if you are the OP) directive is still breaking policy. If they find it would be something that would cause conflict, then god forbid they ever have to address something even larger than a simple dress code.

Regardless of how we might feel about a policy in a company, we get paid to follow those policies. If you don't want to follow it, then just leave. Life goes on.

Plus stains because they aren't going to buy 20 pairs of kakhis to replace the torn, worn and stained from working truck unload. Plus wear it long enough till it completely deteriorates and you can get target to requisition you new ones!
Is it that hard to wear a red shirt and a red hoodie? Aside from being in the freezer, you should hardly need a hoodie if you're working hard enough. And why are earth are you wearing a hat?

If your ETL is concerned you all might work slower because you have to vaguely follow a dress code, you're probably all barely worth the payroll. Bunch of backroom babies, I'd run circles around all of you.
ETL likely has been in high turn over stores, where TMs will always be needed, management not so much. Your TMs hate you enough and work tight enough as a group like backroom you can easily find yourself with a bunch of TMs working at a slower place, never come in outside of scheduled, never stay past scheduled, doing nothing blatantly wrong, as a fuck you. Which in turn gets your STL to reign hellfire on you when you can't seem to come clean anymore.

Last edited:

It's all cool until a sales floor associate is held accountable for dress code, then they start pointing fingers at unfair treatment.

If I have to continue to buy new clothes due to stains from the Damn ism boxes they can too. I work the same time and spend the same amount of time on the floor. Most of then wear free shirts from spot anyway. I have to beef fir one when I actually rip a shirt enough my boobs show. But the creeper in the backroom ca canb wear his free shirts with black stains outlining his man boobs until they give him two more. Or a couple nice polos "cause it's all they had at the time"

Stainguard your pants.

The pity people have for flow team is concerning. Everyone should follow the rules, or no one should.

So you're telling me you don't use a hoodie if you backstock coolers for hours? Damn, you must be one big, fat TM to be able to handle the cold.

And you mention you can run circles around us? Bitch please, I'll demolish you if you're in my store with that attitude.

So you're telling me you don't use a hoodie if you backstock coolers for hours? Damn, you must be one big, fat TM to be able to handle the cold.

And you mention you can run circles around us? Bitch please, I'll demolish you if you're in my store with that attitude.
I only wear a jacket in the freezer myself. And I'm not more than forty lbs overweight...hardly as fat as you're implying you must be to hav handlee it. I've always been warm blooded, even as a svelte size 8.

And my jacket is red, as are my hoodies.

Bunch of backroom babies, I'd run circles around all of you.
Unless you can pull 1:30 cafs by yourself, in addition to breaks and flexs or unload a 2800 truck in 45 mins, you won't be running circles around any of us anytime soon.

The dress code exists for a reason. It creates unity and keeps a level field.

When it got cold and my backroom needed hoodies, I ordered them all hoodies. Every one of them.

When some one decided to come to work out of dress, I asked them to change. No one ever fussed, it's a simple request. As long as you can provide a reasonable solution, in my case buying 8 hoodies, there should be no problems.

If there continue to be problems after that, just terminate people for insubordination. It only takes one. If you can't follow a simple dress code after being provided with clothes, then you're obviously defiant, or a moron. Either one, I'd rather have you gone.

All this partly Targets fault because they do not have a dress code. They have suggestions on what to wear but, no real rules to avoid having to pay for work clothing in several states. So store to store, district to district it is all over the place. You can try to enforce a standard but, if a TM bothers to pull out the hand book your kind of screwed. Which of course leads to targeting people in other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back