Archived New family leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when this goes into affect ? I’ve been out 3 weeks now caring for my fiancé / domestic partner would greatly benefit from it and my hours avg 40 a week at least as I’m on the dc side of operations

Any idea when this goes into affect ? I’ve been out 3 weeks now caring for my fiancé / domestic partner would greatly benefit from it and my hours avg 40 a week at least as I’m on the dc side of operations
There is a form in targetpayandbenefits about it. It is in effect as of June 30th.

New family leave? New how? Last I heard, you have to get your average hours up to 19.5 per week
It’s enhanced. Instead of 2 weeks paid, it is now 4 weeks. And it isn’t just parental leave it’s family leave. Also, they are offering backup daycare, but they haven’t elaborated on that.

Sounds good but chances are slim that a lot of people would qualify at our store getting 15-20 hours a week (myself included). Obviously this is more for the full timers, which there aren’t too many of at our store.

Example:

I received 19.6 three weeks ago
Then 31.7 two weeks ago (picked up a sales floor shift)
Last week 20.3,
BUT this week and next week I am only scheduled 12, which means I would have to pick up two four hour shifts each week to meet the average 19.5. And that’s only saying if any shifts become available on the swap board.

Hit up the swap shift board like a junkie looking for a fix I have a few TMs that are never scheduled more than 18-25/week yet they always get 37-39.8 hours every week. Don’t wanna get carts when it’s hot? Someone will. Don’t want to do ad on Sunday morning? Someone will. Don’t want to be a closing cashier on a Friday night with a full moon? Someone will. Don’t want to answer the phone when you see Target calling? I don’t either. But I do check the voicemail and if it’s for hours I call right back and say yes I’ll be there. And just ask if you can stay later, you’d be surprised how often Leaders will day yes. Show a desire to be there and it will be noticed.

no one else wants to be the service and engagement tl though :(

And just ask if you can stay later, you’d be surprised how often Leaders will day yes. Show a desire to be there and it will be noticed.
This exactly!

My store has a very select few that get called first. They EARNED that reputation by coming in early, staying late, coming in when called, doing double shifts,and checking the swap book often.

TLs in my store have to call people to cover call outs. They don't have time to call 10-15 people. They just call those 1 or 2 people that will show up, even if they don't work regularly in that work center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back