Archived New Flow Process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is about to roll out a new process for flow called "Dedicated Stocker". Basically, we will come in, zone a specific area and stock that area. We will be held accountable for any issues in said area. It sounds insane to me because flow usually works 8+ hours to begin with and we already have a difficult getting employees to stay.(We're a Super Target, overnight flow) Is any other store doing this? What have you heard?

Unlike now where shit gets put wherever you feel like and everyone denies screwing up?

I like the new idea a lot, we can tell if it's from truck push/Autos or Research or CAF rounds. You should only worry if you suck at your job.

We do that in some areas now at my store. I'm all for ownership of an area and learning about processes other than logistics. So often the comment is "you're just flow, you don't need to know". So many things flow doesn't know about or can't control affect whether or not the correct (or any) product is on the shelf.

Flow at most stores have zero accountability for their stocking accuracy because everyone is concerned with merely getting it worked out before everyone leaves. They used to do 'surfers' that audited backstock but I guess that kind of died out quickly. You should already not only be checking your backstock, but that what's on the shelf is actually the correct item. I know our store's detergent aisles are a hellhole of inaccuracy.

Bring it on. I'm flow and I will have no problem with this. I don't know how this would be implemented, but I'm all for making the push process better

It's all about speed here on flow. Put it out. Wrong spot? Shove it in. Newer food in front of older, push it in. Move move. FIFO? Lol, who cares if some old lady drinks outdated Ovaltine. Who buys that shit anyway. She should've checked the dates.

All this is why every one of our 4X4's consists of zoning. Zero cleaning. Zero label maintenance. Zoning.

30 Seconds A Box!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Him
how about increasing the number of mydevices? or improve the target app, to include location of the item? Scan and locate.

As for FIFO, that might be a concern for easily perishable goods (less than a month). One way to solve that is to simply limit the number of items to be displayed, and replenish 3-4 times a week. So, this becomes non-issue.

If you hinge the success of the process on making team members accountable and be thorough, then that's a problem of incentive and motivation which is harder to solve and improve given the time constraint, and other stuff going on in the lives of an ordinary TM.

Flow at most stores have zero accountability for their stocking accuracy because everyone is concerned with merely getting it worked out before everyone leaves. They used to do 'surfers' that audited backstock but I guess that kind of died out quickly. You should already not only be checking your backstock, but that what's on the shelf is actually the correct item. I know our store's detergent aisles are a hellhole of inaccuracy.

You work in my store? I pull a tub of mis-push, backstock out at least ever other day.

I think my store is doing this as well. I was told they are rolling out a new process later this week, and they are not looking forward to it. So I suspect this is it.

My store is about to roll out a new process for flow called "Dedicated Stocker". Basically, we will come in, zone a specific area and stock that area. We will be held accountable for any issues in said area. It sounds insane to me because flow usually works 8+ hours to begin with and we already have a difficult getting employees to stay.(We're a Super Target, overnight flow) Is any other store doing this? What have you heard?

Sounds like flow is going to have to do a lot of hiring, training, and using up of even more payroll.

What happens if an area is trashed? Reshop carts abound? - this could be an ordinary weekend of low payroll + call outs. What happens in 4th quarter when additional trucks are added?

I am all for accountability, but being responsible for the zone?

Good luck in HBA, or Sporting Goods (water bottles, bike helmets) or TOYS! OMG toys in late Dec is usually a craziness of Flex and poorly zoned aisles + reshop galore.

Hee hee - good luck with the Laundry Detergent aisle. That stuff is messed up/mis stocked every week.

Oh, and SOFTLINES. OMG the zone in softlines. (ok, softlines flow team - In addition to your regular duties, please fold all the tables, zone up the Baby Gondolas, and put all the socks/basics in the correct place.)

SHOES. Dude. I would seriously quit if I was the dedicated stocker of shoes and held accountable for the zone.

Last edited:
The accountability thing is great, I come from a store that made its flow team members super accountable. We would have surprise audits of our back stock every truck. I was in charge of pets at that store and making sure it was stocked properly. However, it was already zoned when I would begin stocking.

It's the zoning thing that scares me. It's basically like asking us to do two jobs and only get paid for one.

We already have 7 - 9 trucks a week during the off season. They average between 2600 and 2800. And most flow 40 out.

We can't even get fully staffed for the amount of work we do now, how will the team be able to do this much work?

If flow would put stuff in the right place to start with, then the zone would be halfway there...so it might not be that much more work for them. Zoning after a guest has been through is generally easier than zoning after flow has just blindly shoved stuff where ever.

We can't even get fully staffed for the amount of work we do now, how will the team be able to do this much work?

336.gif

If flow would put stuff in the right place to start with, then the zone would be halfway there...so it might not be that much more work for them. Zoning after a guest has been through is generally easier than zoning after flow has just blindly shoved stuff where ever.
I would agree with this for 95% of the time, except I work softlines flow and guests wreck that area. (I do however recognize that some SL flow team people put things wherever, however, not sized, with the hangers facing the wrong way, or folded way overstocked, and socks just put everywhere) However, most of the softlines mess is guests.

I will say that many flow TMs who are on Push aren't as much concerned with accuracy (Especially after call-outs and assignments to specialty areas) when the WAVE only has 7 people and we're pushing 1700 pcs of a 2200 pc truck, not to mention the 1100 pc FDC truck.

If we had the people (Who actually cared..) and the payroll, sure, have at it..

Our store has been doing this for a few months and different store leaders keep coming to our store because we are doing so great with it.
We are basically salesfloor as well as flow, so we respond to backups, get cafs, answer calls, etc. We get more hours and everyone has their own area that they push and zone and such.

WE HAVE TO PUSH IT ALL OR ELSE THEYLL MAKE US BACK STOCK

Our store has been doing this for a few months and different store leaders keep coming to our store because we are doing so great with it.
We are basically salesfloor as well as flow, so we respond to backups, get cafs, answer calls, etc. We get more hours and everyone has their own area that they push and zone and such.
Sounds like some weird kind of spin on VIPER.

I would rather flow not finish but what they get done be right than have redo their "finished" work. Cause that is wasting resources to have two people do the same job.
i work instocks, so them doing a shitty job, always makes my job harder... but if they don't finish they always make my team work hard to finish it... so damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back