Archived New Flow Team Member Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNS12345

Flow Team Member
I just finished my 1st shift on the flow team, and I for the life of me can't figure out what the parentheses mean when you are stocking items on the shelves. I asked my trainer and he basically just told me to figure it out myself. If anyone could enlighten me as to what they mean, I would be grateful.

I also would appreciate any general tips you have.

It’s the section of the planogram. Aisles may all be one planogram (1) but say the label has (6), you’d go to the 6th section, then count your x-x-x from there. If it’s a 0,98, or 99 it’s an endcap or sidecap.

There’s a pic label in a thread somewhere that’s so helpful but I can’t remember what thread. Will edit if I find it.

I just finished my 1st shift on the flow team, and I for the life of me can't figure out what the parentheses mean when you are stocking items on the shelves. I asked my trainer and he basically just told me to figure it out myself. If anyone could enlighten me as to what they mean, I would be grateful.

I also would appreciate any general tips you have.
I hope this helps!
318718_orig.png

Went ahead and fixed that for you. Thanks for sharing that planosss I knew it was on this site
We had a new flow ETL transfer in and for the first month or so he had no idea how to read a pick label. He was bowling out by sight. Seriously. I'm still not sure he actually *knows* how to read one completely...

We had another TM that has been there for years (on o/n flow) and had no idea how to read the shelf labels or pick labels. He always works the same aisle so just goes by sight and knowing where everything is. A TL showed him how to read them, but I still don't think he ever uses them. So of course at least 2 or 3 cases are stocked in the wrong spot each night. *sigh*

We had a new flow ETL transfer in and for the first month or so he had no idea how to read a pick label. He was bowling out by sight. Seriously. I'm still not sure he actually *knows* how to read one completely...

We had another TM that has been there for years (on o/n flow) and had no idea how to read the shelf labels or pick labels. He always works the same aisle so just goes by sight and knowing where everything is. A TL showed him how to read them, but I still don't think he ever uses them. So of course at least 2 or 3 cases are stocked in the wrong spot each night. *sigh*
That's not all to common for certain people who have worked the same aisles for years to push on site and NOT read the pick labels because they have been placed in the same aisles for years. Some leadership either don't want to "rock the boat" and try said tm in another area or feel said team member is more productive in said aisle. All flow team members though should be taught how to read a label. Problem is some team members have bad vision and some of the fine print can't be seen. :(

That's not all to common for certain people who have worked the same aisles for years to push on site and NOT read the pick labels because they have been placed in the same aisles for years. Some leadership either don't want to "rock the boat" and try said tm in another area or feel said team member is more productive in said aisle. All flow team members though should be taught how to read a label. Problem is some team members have bad vision and some of the fine print can't be seen. :(
He doesn't go to other aisles because he's a dick and no one wants to deal with him. lol

True about the small print though. One of our other TMs has trouble reading them and shelf labels...and it doesn't help that half the lights are shut off overnight so it makes it even harder to see them. I feel for those people...

True about the small print though. One of our other TMs has trouble reading them and shelf labels...and it doesn't help that half the lights are shut off overnight so it makes it even harder to see them. I feel for those people...
Just wait until your store gets LED lights... all of the lights stay on, but they're very dim and not helpful for reading anything.

Just add the number in the parentheses to the section number and subtract 1. It will always line up.

Just remember to look at the actual tile on the floor. Where you see a red line on the tile, should always the odd endcap ex. A39(0). Then count the sections within the aisle from redline endcap. For example, if it is A39(6)3-4-6, then you would count 6 4ft. sections and then from there, an additional 3 4ft sections. Or A39(1) 5-1-1. means you start at the 1st section then count 5 sections over.

Against back walls its a little more difficult because there is no red line and then you might run into something like A39(16)1-2-5, which basically means the item is 16 4ft sections from the start of the aisle. Hopefully, things are bowled to the correct section.

Just wait until your store gets LED lights... all of the lights stay on, but they're very dim and not helpful for reading anything.

Yup, my store just got these. Pain in the ass, can’t see shit

You guys are nuts...we had LEDs installed and they are WAY brighter than the normal florescent lighting they replaced. I was there when they were converting them and you could noticeably see the lights were brighter in the areas they had already worked. Maybe our florescent lights were just that old or something. They won't be leaving all the lights on at night still, either. I guess making shit harder to read is not their problem if it saves a dollar a year turning off two-thirds of the LED lights at night (no idea what the actual savings are...with LEDs it can't be a huge cost though).

You guys are nuts...we had LEDs installed and they are WAY brighter than the normal florescent lighting they replaced. I was there when they were converting them and you could noticeably see the lights were brighter in the areas they had already worked. Maybe our florescent lights were just that old or something. They won't be leaving all the lights on at night still, either. I guess making shit harder to read is not their problem if it saves a dollar a year turning off two-thirds of the LED lights at night (no idea what the actual savings are...with LEDs it can't be a huge cost though).
When they were installing them they controlled the brightness somehow from the electrical room. So they could set them to be all turned on at 30% brightness.

We're now back to the normal way of only having 1/3 of them turned on before opening.

When they were installing them they controlled the brightness somehow from the electrical room. So they could set them to be all turned on at 30% brightness.

We're now back to the normal way of only having 1/3 of them turned on before opening.
Didn't know they can control them like that from the electrical room...interesting. Wonder if they'll stay as bright as they have been or what. Time will tell...so far everyone at the store loves the new LEDs.

Then yours are fucked cause ours are so damn bright its migraine inducing.. I am thinking of going back to glasses so I can have them tinted down a bit..

Then yours are fucked cause ours are so damn bright its migraine inducing.. I am thinking of going back to glasses so I can have them tinted down a bit..

The ones in cosmetics are painful

I was referring to working before the store opens. We had them installed weeks ago and they're still playing around with them. Sometimes it's 1/3 of the lights at full brightness, while other times it's all of the lights on at 1/3 brightness. After the store opens they are all on and very bright.

I was referring to working before the store opens. We had them installed weeks ago and they're still playing around with them. Sometimes it's 1/3 of the lights at full brightness, while other times it's all of the lights on at 1/3 brightness. After the store opens they are all on and very bright.

Agreed. Yes we went through that not long ago, I know I am sensitive to light but LED's are a harsher light so even at the same brightness it will be harder if that makes sense. Also it is more white/blue than the old lights which did have(ours anyways) had a more yellow sunlight tint. And the white/blue, blue especially is very had for the eye to make sense of so that is why it is so straining.

@HRZone Yep those can send me into a full blown migraine, call the hubby take me to the ER.. It's happened..

Fun fact: fluorescent lighting is straining on the eyes because of the electrical frequency, and LED is just as harsh because of the brightness. However, dulled LED’s are worse on the eyes because of the frequency.

Fun fact: As a result of the LED upgrade, anyone who works before 100% lighting is just miserable by noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back