Archived New Flow TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... it never goes away.... you keep putting things away it disappears and more appears to be put away. You are never “done” you just keep going and going and going.

You’re not responsible for all of it! You’ll be assigned a couple different areas until your TL finds a good fit for you. Expect to push a couple pallets of product per truck. It’s really not that much once you get the hang of it, but it is good, hard work.

Hope your first night went well! I’ve been overnight flow for over two years now and I love it! There will be frustrations but once you get the hang of everything, each night is a breeze. You may work up a sweat, keep paper towels or bandannas near by, drink lots of water or Gatorade throughout the night. Good luck!

Usually, someone swiped those tic-tacs.

If you want backroom to like you, if you get a product and you can only put out say 1 in a box of 12, just put the entire box for backstock and don't take the 1 item out.

Nothing more annoying than getting something like a 24 pack of tic tacs to see 1 is missing.
No doubt. Or taking 3 out of a box of 36 in holiday candy. *sigh* We don't have any room for holiday candy case stock OR eaches, but at least case stock is easier to backstock somewhere.

As for the OP...find good shoes. The most important item for a flow team member, IMO. If you have any other specific questions, there are a few of us on here. I don't know that there are many overnight flow people here though (I am).

Love the tips. Glad I was able to do some back stocking that first night so I can see how it all goes hand in hand.

CTT777's recipe for success:

You will definitely level up your xp points in a hurry if you avoid opening a whole casepack of 36 to push 3 and so on. I am a visual person and I tend to open at least some of my cases just to get a visual on what the product looks like so I can locate it on the shelf faster, if you do this keep a roll of packing tape handy to reclose it (only if you haven't taken anything out). it's definitely better to backstock a whole case if the shelf loc is almost full and only a couple eaches will fit.

Assortment cases are stowed as (1) even though they might contain multiple DPCIs. Don't ask me why.

Pay attention to multiple locations of the same product. Things like laundry detergent can have as many as 5 rows. When you fill a location, look below and above it for a matching DPCI.

Use common sense when stacking cases/repacks on flats, pallets, etc. If you have a repack full of 12lb barbells, don't stack it on another repack full of Easter grass...it will collapse and you will be about as popular as gonorrhea. I remember restacking some backstock cases the correct way (light on top of heavy) on my first day and a couple of chicks on the flow team noticed, asked me my name and told the LOD, "WOW!! We like [CTT777] already!"

Have someone show you how to research empty locations with a Zebra so you can hopefully get the product in and filled. can't sell it if it isn't there. If a guest asks for something that's out of stock, you can research it and have them check back in a few days.

If you make a medium-sized mistake or bigger and you get called out on it (especially by the flow TL) put on a scared/worried face. Giving the TL any impression that you DGAF is a really really bad idea.

If you don't know, ask! if nobody's around to ask, set it aside and move on, and then later you can say "What's this? I wasn't sure."

Last edited:
Some more great info, thanks. Quick question, does 11:59pm Saturday night count as the last day of pay period or first of next period.
Hope that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back