Archived New Hire- Days off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently hired as a seasonal TM. In my interview I was asked if I had upcoming vacations. I told them about two things, an out of town wedding and an event I had tickets for. The interviewer said those were fine. I was scheduled during this out of town wedding and I told my TL and they took me off the schedule saying they “didn’t know about the wedding”. This week I was scheduled for the day I was guaranteed off. Tried to get it covered but ended up telling my TL about it being promised to me in the interview. She told me I had to get it covered.

Both of these dates were promised to me when I interviewed so am I obligated to show up? I’m considering just straight up quitting because the communication between management is such a shit show.

You still had to request the days off on eHR, so you weren't really guaranteed anything. You were just told that you COULD get those days off. You just didn't follow up in ensuring you had them off. Understandable since you're new, but, the time has already passed and now it's up to you to fix it. Just ask around and get it covered. You are obligated to show up otherwise.

This must be an ASANTS thing, as I didn't need to request my days off in eHR after hiring, and was not scheduled on the days I blacked out during interview/orientation. We were basically handed calendars and told to put any days off we needed at that time, as any additional time was not guaranteed, but if we had commitments prior to being hired, we would get those off.

If you can't make it for the shift, then call out. I doubt you'd get fired for it, but it may affect your ability to stay on after seasonal ends (but so could lots of other things, unrelated to your performance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back