Sales Floor *New Hire* How to reshop?

Yesterday was my first day (I was hired as a closing expert) and I want to ensure I understand how to reshop. I scan the item, find where it should go, put it there, and...? Do I need to do anything on the zebra after? My training was mostly word vomit but I don't blame my trainer because he had no idea he was going to be doing it. Besides general store information we really only went over reshop before he had to take his meal.

Also, how do I go about finding out what I need to do for my next shift? Just ask my TL? I know I have some assigned learnings to do on workday. Should I try to do them next time I'm in or wait until my first week is over?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Make sure it's nice and straight and just leave it there. Nothing else to do in the zebra with it. Move on to the next item.
Do ask your team lead what to do. Don't wander around aimlessly hoping somebody will tell you what to do.

Yesterday was my first day (I was hired as a closing expert) and I want to ensure I understand how to reshop. I scan the item, find where it should go, put it there, and...? Do I need to do anything on the zebra after? My training was mostly word vomit but I don't blame my trainer because he had no idea he was going to be doing it. Besides general store information we really only went over reshop before he had to take his meal.

Also, how do I go about finding out what I need to do for my next shift? Just ask my TL? I know I have some assigned learnings to do on workday. Should I try to do them next time I'm in or wait until my first week is over?

Once you learn where things are in the store, you may not need to scan everything with the zebra. You only need to scan if you don’t know where it goes. Good luck!

Oh my, do I have some things to say about this. Scan the item. Find the floor location where it belongs. Look at the Zebra and see how many of that particular item are supposed to be in that location. If putting the item out would be more than what what is supposed to be there, then do not put the item on the shelf/peg. Verify that the floor count matches what is listed in MyDay. Fix it, if it does not, and backstock the item.

As for your training and what to do on your next shift. Since you're a closing expert, check in with your Closing TL when you get in. They'll likely have a plan for you.

Back