Archived New hire question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. So I was offered a conditional job offer Friday and they said to ignore an email regarding orientation and that they’ll call me and everything.

I did my taxes on there computer and also filled out that I don’t have any felonies.

When I finished the person in charge wasn’t there and another person said I was good to go without even looking at the screen.

This is my first job so I wasn’t sure if I had to do anything else? When I was done with my taxes and other things it had two options on the computer screen but I didn’t really think about it at the time. Now I can’t stop thinking if I had to do other things on the computer beside that?

Thank you in advance.

You probably are good to go however you can do two things.

A) call the store and ask HR for your application status. "Pending consent completion" means you didn't complete everything. "Pending final results" means you are all set.

You can also double check from home.

Go to target.com/careers, click continue for hourly store, click returning applicants, enter your info.

If it let's you enter info you didnt complete the consent otherwise it will tell you you already filled it out.

Make sure you do this within 24 hours of your initial offer. Otherwise the offer expires and you have to do it all over again.

You probably are good to go however you can do two things.

A) call the store and ask HR for your application status. "Pending consent completion" means you didn't complete everything. "Pending final results" means you are all set.

You can also double check from home.

Go to target.com/careers, click continue for hourly store, click returning applicants, enter your info.

If it let's you enter info you didnt complete the consent otherwise it will tell you you already filled it out.

Make sure you do this within 24 hours of your initial offer. Otherwise the offer expires and you have to do it all over again.

How long does it normally take to get a call about orientation? They said between 1-2 weeks so I am not entirely sure how long I should wait.. if it exceeds the time should I call HR?

How long does it normally take to get a call about orientation? They said between 1-2 weeks so I am not entirely sure how long I should wait.. if it exceeds the time should I call HR?

I recently got hired and they called me about 3 days after my interview where I completed the tax stuff etc and asked if I could come in for orientation within like an hour. I said no that was too soon, and they called me like 2 days after to schedule a date which was for like 2 days from that date. They'll probably make you wear your uniform, I know it depends on the store though. We had to wear ours.

Oh, but during my interview I was told it could take anywhere from a couple minutes to 2 weeks for you to be accepted for orientation. But was told if I didn't hear back after a week to call, and if there still wasn't anything to call after 2 weeks. Any longer they most likely rejected you, but it shouldn't take that long

Just depends on when your store can do one. If you haven't heard from someone in a week give them a call.

It depends on your store, we are currently doing two orientations a week to get people started asap. I would call the store and talk to HR if you are unsure if you completed your background check consent. Most likely you did. I don't mind at all if people call with questions if they are unsure, it's a lot better than doing nothing and potentially missing out on a job.

Update on this. I called them this past Saturday and earlier today regarding orientation and they told me that my Background Check on Targets end still hasn’t cleared. Meanwhile I got a BGC mail sent to my house on Friday saying I was eligible. They said that they’ll have to talk to their third party/ETL on why it hasn’t cleared yet and they’ll call me when it clears.

I don’t know if I should be worried or what about them declining this job offer.. it’s going to be two weeks on Friday.

Last edited:
Update on this. I called them this past Saturday and earlier today regarding orientation and they told me that my Background Check on Targets end still hasn’t cleared. Meanwhile I got a BGC mail sent to my house on Friday saying I was eligible. They said that they’ll have to talk to their third party/ETL on why it hasn’t cleared yet and they’ll call me when it clears.

I don’t know if I should be worried or what about them declining this job offer.. it’s going to be two weeks on Friday.

Did you have a previous conviction? If it's a misdemeanor it can take up to a week to clear and a felony longer than that.

Stores usually don't withdraw offers they wait for the background check company which investigates to put you through.

If you have a conviction and lied about it, you will not pass

Did you have a previous conviction? If it's a misdemeanor it can take up to a week to clear and a felony longer than that.

Stores usually don't withdraw offers they wait for the background check company which investigates to put you through.

If you have a conviction and lied about it, you will not pass

Nope I don’t. That’s why I’m wondering what’s taking so long.

Just had orientation today and I am coming back tomorrow for computer training.

I just wanna s/o this place on getting me well prepared for orientation and what to expect.

With that being said what is computer training? The person who held my orientation said there was going to be some kind of test? What if I fail that test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back