Archived New Hire: When shoud I get my schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got hired in the Café, took my drug test, and am scheduled for my 4-hour orientation on Wednesday morning. It all happened so quick! They interviewed me, took me back to watch a video, interviewed me again, and then sent me to talk to the HR rep at my store to hire me and schedule orientation!
I am left with one burning question, though...when should I get my schedule after orientation? Should they give it to me at the end of my first shift? Or call me back soon after?
I have seen the usual cashiers taking over in this location's café, so I feel they may need me ASAP. What do you think? I am part-time, when do they usually schedule new hires?

Greetings and salutations.
Welcome to The Break Room.

If your orientation goes anything like mine did. You will be called for orientation. Go ahead and wear red&khaki just in case they want you to start immediately.

Orientation: You will go through all of the hellos, videos, and sign some papers. A lot of safety talk. Then you will probably take a couple basic Target powerpoints and procedure computer tests. You might possibly get thrown into the mix or sent home with a rough training schedule.

If they keep you for the day, you will probably shadow someone and/or be put on a training register for a bit for cashier training. You probably won't be in Food Ave for a couple shifts until you are comfortable on the registers.

Last edited:
They said this will be a 4-hour shift, will they stick to that? Or want me to stay? I have planned around this for my day.

If it's a 4 hr shift, you may go right into training after orientation.
Safe to wear red & khaki; yes, plan for the whole shift.

Welcome to The Break Room!

I have seen the usual cashiers taking over in this location's café, so I feel they may need me ASAP. What do you think? I am part-time, when do they usually schedule new hires?

The "usual cashiers" are probably just covering breaks for the regular Food Ave TMs. As others have said, you'll get your training schedule at orientation. Your training will start with cashiering, so that you're comfortable using the register. When you start training in Food Ave, you'll be paired with a trainer for the duration of your shifts. If you have any questions about scheduling, etc., don't be afraid to contact your store's HR.

EDIT: You've probably already had your orientation at this point. If you haven't gotten your training schedule yet, contact your HR.

Last edited:
Oh! thanks that makes me feel alot better about cashier training later :) Whew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back