Archived New in electronics. Have some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtCommanderData

Former Electronics Team Member
Hi guys I'm pretty new here and at target in general. I finished my 90 day period in hardlines sales floor and have now switched to electronics as my primary work center. I'm already pretty comfortable in electronics, I trained about a month ago and have been covering breaks and whatnot. I usually close so I'm used to that, but I've just recently (this coming week) gotten scheduled for a lot of opening shifts and I'm not sure what I should be doing. Obviously guest service and flexing and filling empties and getting all my reshop done, but after that I'm not sure. Should I just ask my team lead or lod for a project to do or no? Also a question for the backroom people, when I need to fill some empties from the backroom how should I do it? I know you guys get scored on auto fill times, will I mess anybodies times up by creating an exf batch and then working it? Or should I make a research batch? Or just write down numbers on a post it and to it manually? Any other advice in general about electronics would be appreciated!

Welcome to The Break Room LtCommanderData.

We have a number of people who work Electronics who I'm sure will be glad to help you.
There are also threads on the subject.

You should have someone responsible for training you who will go into more detail.

Welcome! Don't flex anything unless you have your tl approval. Major resets in electronics & toys are happening this month. Keep on asking questions, learn more process & complete your electronics training/learning plan. That way you will be on the same page for goals & objectives.

If you are more closing Electronics, you will only need to really concentrate on zoning and Guest Service. You do want to get properly trained for pulling individual items at a guest's request and learn street date material.

Every store is different, but usually during the week, your Electronics Brand TM(s) and TL will do most of the scanning and filling the essential outs.

But just check with your Electronics TL about helping with projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back